Speaker Impedance Curve Lock?

indeloon85

Inspired
Anybody know if it's possible to lock the Speaker Impedance Curve in the amp block? Trying to audition amps with the same IR but the impedance curve constantly changing seems to work against the "audition" if doesn't stay consistent. Unless I'm misunderstanding how the impedance curve works?

Immediately below the SIC selection box is a switch that enables whether or not the curve follows the IR. Turn it off.

Edit is trying to help you have the most accurate sound from the amp+cab combination. The speaker impedance curve is one of the most powerful parts of shaping the sound of an amplifier in a real guitar amp.

Immediately below the SIC selection box is a switch that enables whether or not the curve follows the IR. Turn it off.

Edit is trying to help you have the most accurate sound from the amp+cab combination. The speaker impedance curve is one of the most powerful parts of shaping the sound of an amplifier in a real guitar amp.
But I thought if this is On, this will follow with your current Dyna-Cab, whereas if it's off, it will just change with the Amp's default cab setting. I'm using just my own IR which won't live in the Dyna-Cab's tab for the Amp block to follow/lock to the Amp's SIP curve.

But I thought if this is On, this will follow with your current Dyna-Cab, whereas if it's off, it will just change with the Amp's default cab setting. I'm using just my own IR which won't live in the Dyna-Cab's tab for the Amp block to follow/lock to the Amp's SIP curve.
Yes - the "Auto Dyna Cab Imp" switch sticks the SIC to the loaded slot1 Dynacab IR in Dynacab mode only. With factory or user IRs in legacy mode in the cab block, switching amps will change the SIC Curve to the default curve for that amp, regardless of the whether "Auto Dyna Cab Imp" is on or off. An amp can be saved with different curve values from the default ones, but when you switch amps, the "default" curve for that amp is loaded. You can override the "default" amp-linked curve with your own choice by selecting a global "Spkr Imp curve" in the global config menu so that the same globally selected curve always loads when you switch amps with cab mode = legacy (sounds like this would work for your auditioning requirement unless you want to audition with custom specific SIC values (unfortunately there is no global override for custom specific SIC values))

Edit: Note the "XFormer" values on the speaker page, which impact the shape of the overall curve shown on the speaker page will always change by amp (even if a global override SIC is active) so there can be some variation with amp changes to the curve shown on the speaker page- but with a global override (or Auto DC with Dynacabs), the SIC component of the curve shown on the speaker page would be consistent across amp selections

Last edited:
Ah, that’s information you didn’t reveal up front.

Yes - the "Auto Dyna Cab Imp" switch sticks to Dynacab IRs in Dynacab mode only. With factory or user IRs in legacy mode in the cab block, switching amps will change the SIC Curve to the default curve for that amp, regardless of the whether "Auto Dyna Cab Imp" is on or off. An amp can be saved with different curve values from the default ones, but when you switch amps, the "default" curve for that amp is loaded. You can override the "default" amp-linked curve with your own choice by selecting a global "Spkr Imp curve" in the global config menu so that the same globally selected curve always loads when you switch amps (sounds like this would work for your auditioning requirement unless you want to audition with custom specific SIC values (unfortunately there is no global override for custom specific SIC values))

Edit: Note the "XFormer" values on the speaker page, which impact the shape of the overall curve shown on the speaker page will always change by amp (even if a global override SIC is active) so there can be some variation with amp changes to the curve shown on the speaker page- but with a global override (or Auto DC with Dynacabs), the SIC component of the curve shown on the speaker page would be consistent across amp selections
That did it! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom