SPDIF Output issue

Hello everyone. I tried searching different topics but still couldn’t figure out what the problems is.
I am not able to hear anything trough SPDIF connection. I’m not sure if FM3 or Scarlett 18i20 are the problem.
But I just want to play trough my interface. No recording at the moment.
I have two sets of monitor connected to my Scarlett. Adam A7X, and Atomic CLR. With a press of a button I toggle between the two. I connected my spdif out on the fm3 to spdif in on 18i20. But no sound is coming trough. In my settings on fm3 it shows that output 1 is routed to spdif. So I’m not sure what else to check. Anybody has experience with Scarlett 18i20? I just got it yesterday and my lack of knowledge with the unit might be the issue.

EDIT:
Never mind. I just figured it out the moment I wrote the thread. LOL

Last edited:
Mind sharing what the problem and solution was? It could help somebody else in a similar situation 👍
On the control panel of focusrite you have to choose what goes to the mix for the monitors. And for some reason digital input 9, which is spdif, was not selected. You have to create a new “channel” and add that channel to the final mix that goes to monitors.

Back
Top Bottom