Southern Sludge – Axe/Morse/DiMarzio PAFs

John, if you want some more "oomph" from the drums, use the old drum-buss-additive-compression trick. Group all drums, add another group that you put a "squash mode" compressor on. Send the drum buss to the squash group and blend to satisfaction. With that you can have the cake and eat it. ;)

Thanks for listening :)

Hey Clawfinger, I enjoy using that NYC technique with real kits sometimes so thanks for the idea here! Nice to knwo it's possible in S2. I'm such a S2 noob, I am just getting my brain around how routing works. I was also hoping to figure out how to activate room mics or bullet mic in kits where it seems turned off without any luck. Do you know if this can be done, or are you stuck with the layout of the preset?

That's a kick-ass sound! Only makes waiting for my AFX hurt more..

The style reminds me a lot of a local band I've recorded.

hey john, i'd appreciate your delay and reverb settings used on the leads. i'm a bull in a china shop with delay and reverb - just can't wrap my head around how to get sounds like that.

That sounds very hip and badass! Very fat tone, almost sounds like a Paul. I'd love a Morse sig, that looks like one helluva sick guitar.

What kind of amp sim/cab/mic was this? Any drive or anything?

Thanks for listening guys. :)

thinkpad20 said:
That sounds very hip and badass! Very fat tone, almost sounds like a Paul. I'd love a Morse sig, that looks like one helluva sick guitar.

What kind of amp sim/cab/mic was this? Any drive or anything?

quonsar said:
hey john, i'd appreciate your delay and reverb settings used on the leads. i'm a bull in a china shop with delay and reverb - just can't wrap my head around how to get sounds like that.

This is just my Morse dual path preset. Detailed info here:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewt ... f=19&t=524

Back
Top Bottom