Sources for great guitar flight cases?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I had to throw out three flight cases I had in storage due to mold. Any ideas for good sources for flight cases? When I got these many years ago they had to be custom built. I don’t know why. Gibson ES355 and a Strat.

Thanks.

Then you're looking for two separate cases, right? That wasn't clear from your question.
I see that now. Apologies. Looking for two great flight cases, ATA or the like. Also a place that will stencil The Henry Robinett Group on them! That’s what mine have that I’m throwing out.

I recently purchased a Gator titan series case. It is very solidly constructed and it has the TSA locks. The only real downsides of these cases are the weight and the price.

The SKB-66 model is pretty nice. I bought 2 over the last few years and also got a Charvel-branded version with my DK-24.

When you get new ones, order some silica pouches online. When you store them for long periods of time with no guitars in them throw a pouch or 2 in them. Stops them from developing mold.
Also you can probably find somewhere online to make you the stencil and then you can just spray it on yourself, for much cheaper.

For the strat, the Fender Deluxe Molded case is pretty nice, billed as a flight case, has TSA locks on it, etc. The reason I mention that one, is I've bought two perfect condition used ones in the past, as they come with some of the guitars.

For the strat, the Fender Deluxe Molded case is pretty nice, billed as a flight case, has TSA locks on it, etc. The reason I mention that one, is I've bought two perfect condition used ones in the past, as they come with some of the guitars.
I've bought a couple of these from stratosphereparts.com. around $120 each, as I recall. Of course, they wouldn't work for your 355.

Back
Top Bottom