Sounded great tried to record and something happened

ericswim

Rig has sounded great. Just went to record for the first time today and the power got bumped on the unit and shut off in the middle of it. ANy way that can mess anything up? My Diezel patches sound terrible now and Really tinty like something is wrong. Any body have a clue what it could be? I'm a little freaked out now as I just spent a lot of money on this rig and never messed w any technical issues with this. ANy help please.

It was just going direct. Fractal Axe FX ii. Was just going direct and noticed it. Worked perfectly fine the other day. Just tried plugging into my CLR wedge and the tinty high gainy stuff is still there which makes me super nervous. Can't get Fractal bot to install on my computer or anything now. Tell me what you need to know.

If there's nothing obviously altered in your preset settings like volumes etc or something altered in the global eq settings etc. then I'd probably try backing up your presets and system (a full backup using Fractal Bot).

Then re-install the FW version you currently use and then restore your backed up preset banks. If they sound better then re-install your backed up system and test again.

Edit: Just saw as I'm about to post - You can't get get Fractal Bot to install on your computer?? Tell us more please ...

Then re-install the FW version you currently use and then restore your backed up preset banks. If they sound better then re-install your backed up system and test again.

hmm, i wouldn't exactly rush to reinstalling everything if he just powered down the unit. that's somewhat of a last-ditch effort i'd say.

Cabinet modeler was bypassed and the power amp was bypassed also. It was because the cabinet modeler was off. Sounds way better again. Must've gotten bumped somehow. Fractalbot when I try to install says Installation failed.

Cabinet modeler was bypassed and the power amp was bypassed also. It was because the cabinet modeler was off. Sounds way better again. Must've gotten bumped somehow. Fractalbot when I try to install says Installation failed.

cool, got that figured out.

now for fractal-bot - what OS is on your computer and what file are you trying to install? when did you download that Fractal-Bot installer?

I will try it out. Not too worried about that right now as I don't get to hook it up too often. Just that you were able to help w the other issue. Thank you again!! Had a panic attack ha.

hmm... mac installs are pretty straight forward. are you using a computer profile that is allowed to install new programs?

it's really hard to diagnose that issue. however, Bot 2.0.7 just came out - maybe try installing that?

Fractal Audio Systems - Fractal-Bot MIDI Utility for the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101

Back
Top Bottom