Soundcraft Ui24 as Audio Interface

WKSmith

Power User
It sounds freaking great!
I pulled out the Behringer Midas 4 channel interface and wired up this instead.

With the UMC404 I could always hear digital clipping, and had to run -10dB. The Scarlett I used previously sounded about the same. Both struggled to get any decent level out of my underwhelming Wharfdale powered studio monitors and powered sub.

Now I can turn the preamp gain off on the Ui24 and line in at +4dB balanced. And no digital distortion. Plus plenty of clean gain to drive the studio monitors up loud.

Now I'm ready for some critical listening for when my FR12 gets here later today !!

IMG_1029.jpeg

Thanks for the tip, wouldn't have thought about that. Effectively with the 24 you get all the tracks, not the case with the Ui12 or the Ui16. Great idea as it can do homestudio but you also have the monitoring options to carry it for small venues or rehearsal rooms.

It sounds freaking great!
I pulled out the Behringer Midas 4 channel interface and wired up this instead.

With the UMC404 I could always hear digital clipping, and had to run -10dB. The Scarlett I used previously sounded about the same. Both struggled to get any decent level out of my underwhelming Wharfdale powered studio monitors and powered sub.

Now I can turn the preamp gain off on the Ui24 and line in at +4dB balanced. And no digital distortion. Plus plenty of clean gain to drive the studio monitors up loud.

Now I'm ready for some critical listening for when my FR12 gets here later today !!

View attachment 128062
I whole heartedly agree! The Ui24 is my main home studio mixer and recording interface.

Back
Top Bottom