Sound guy asked if AX8 had any tubes in it!

MrHarmony

Just played at a small festival (150 people or so) - Strat to AX8 to QSC 8 for personal monitoring - they actually micd the QSC rather than go direct from AX8 since they were set up for other bands too. Afterwards, the sound guy asked me if the AX8 had any tubes in it as he thought it sounded superb - couldn't believe how well the pair worked together, and how much control it gave him at the board (even though I was mic'd). A good day!

Just out of curiosity, couldn't he have unplugged the mic from the XLR cable and plugged into the output of the QSC? Not that it matters because you received a good compliment.
The sound guy would need to compensate for mic level vs line level.

That's only a switch on the desk and adjusting the trim pot.
Even using the 2nd output of the AX8 into a DI at the front of the stage ?
Either way the OP still received positive results.

Just out of curiosity, couldn't he have unplugged the mic from the XLR cable and plugged into the output of the QSC? Not that it matters because you received a good compliment.

Agreed - made no sense to mic the QSC - either AX8 to FOH or as you suggested next... Surprised me too!

That's only a switch on the desk and adjusting the trim pot.
Even using the 2nd output of the AX8 into a DI at the front of the stage ?
Either way the OP still received positive results.
Yeah, I was prepared to go this route - had the 2nd output going to the QSC, expecting the XLR out to FOH... So it goes!

We(my son and I) just have them mute the channel, we unplug the mic and turn the AX-8 output down real low(like 8:00 position)and tell them to unmute the channel. so far they have figured it out pretty quickly, and have no problem with it the next time.

Back
Top Bottom