Sound difference between FM3 and Fm9

Frexx

Having had an Fm3 for 2 years, with which I was extremely satisfied. Now I have an FM9T, if I compare the sound quality of each unit, I find that the Fm9t has a better sound reproduction than the Fm3.While specifying that I made an A/B comparison, everything being similar: with the same guitar, same preset, input level etc.......What is the reason..., hardware, others....????
Thanks

Hello everyone. Frexx and I know each other and I bought his FM 3. to clear all this up.
All updates have been made for FM 3 as well as FM 9.

We found that the sound of the FM 9 is really of better quality than the Fm 3.

With the same simple preset (amp, speaker cabin, reverb)

I work in a music studio and we did an A/B comparison between the FM 3 and the FM 9.

So I would like to know why.
a future update for the fm 3 which will allow you to have the same sound quality as the fm 9?

Officially, there is not difference.
Post some clips, would be interesting and everybody can decide if there is a difference.

FM3 FW 7.0 FM9 FW 5.01 & 6.01b and now 6
I personally didn’t hear a difference between FM3 FW 7.0 and FM9T FW 5.01. With the exception of maybe the Pitch Block or Economy vs Ultra High Reverb. However, there is a difference across the board if you are running FW 6.00 Beta or final on the FM9. That difference will remain until FW 8.00 on the FM3.

Hello everyone. Frexx and I know each other and I bought his FM 3. to clear all this up.

We found that the sound of the FM 9 is really of better quality than the Fm 3.

With the same simple preset (amp, speaker cabin, reverb)

I work in a music studio and we did an A/B comparison between the FM 3 and the FM 9.

So I would like to know why.
a future update for the fm 3 which will allow you to have the same sound quality as the fm 9?
FM9 reverbs default to Ultra High due to CPU allocation differences. FM3 reverb default to Economy. Even if you export an FM9 preset and import it to the FM3.

You need to make sure they are on the same release firmware, current beta will have differences, and same global settings. Record a dry track and reamp it with the same preset loaded into both devices and null test it. Come back with the differences.

I had both for awhile and kept the FM3MKII Turbo. It seemed to me that the FM9 had a slightly hotter signal from the XLR outputs and also a stronger headphone amp. Of course louder always sounds better…

The FM9 currently has one new update compared to the FM3 with a lot of changes, features. amps, and modelling algoritm improvements from the past 6 months.

If both are on the latest then this is one factor. Try with the FM9 back on 5.01?

Currently the Axe-Fx III has a different algorithm than the FM3. The Axe-Fx III algorithm is much better.

We are attempting to port the Axe-Fx III algorithm to the FM3 but the lack of horsepower is making this problematic.

The FM9 uses the same algorithms as the Axe-Fx III since it has twice the horsepower of the FM3.
Saving you all a click.

^ is that a reference to the Reverb algorithm? Or the modeling algorithm?

It was a response to this.

other than the obvious power differences, dual amps, etc...

Are the algorithms different / better? For example, is the spring reverb more accurate on the axe iii than the FM3 mark ii turbo?

And what about the FM9 in that regard?

My feel is that was specific to the Spring. Because this has also been said in response to amp quality comparison:

They are the same quality. Certain features were removed to allow the algorithms to run including the bias tremolo, input dynamics processing, and several other inauthentic enhancements.

Interesting - they sound different?

I was about to purchase an FM3 as a small alternative to my FM9 but now…

Can you define the differences?

Back
Top Bottom