Sound check story

Randall d

Experienced
So I was at my P&W gig practice and they had a professional sound guy there to EQ all the channel's for a good mix. We just updated to a new mixer (high end digital) and they wanted to get everything sounding right. So he started with each and every drum, and then the set as a whole (spending almost a 1/2 hour getting everything right) then he moved on to bass, acoustic, keys, and vocals (spending a few minutes with each). Then he said: "okay now let me hear the electric lead" so I hit a chord, and after no more than one second he waved his arm for me to stop and said: "you're good to go, totally pro sounding, no adjustments necessary". Now that's my kind of guitar sound check :)

So nice to hear!
Yesterday I went to rehearsal 2 hours early so I could get my sound right in our practice room.
I used the Looper function with my main medium distorted rhythm tone.
Our system is stereo, so I run 2 XLR's and pan one hard left one hard right.
The mixer ended up with all the settings flat! Push the button for bass cut at 80Hz.
I expected more work than that, but was glad and very happy with the tone!
During rehearsal It is really amazing to hear the best tone I have ever had.
One of my favorite effects is the Multi Delay with a single coil type sound. So Big, So Amazing!
Using the EV-1 for volume swells is icing on the cake.

I also had quite a similar experience. No need to tweak the sound. It was all set from the start...amazing.

Back
Top Bottom