Soooo.... Dual Rec with 8 pin DIN footswitch port....

jcobb78

So in order to change channels on my amp with the FX8, how should I or what should I use for cables to do this?? Any dual rec guys out there?

So in order to change channels on my amp with the FX8, how should I or what should I use for cables to do this?? Any dual rec guys out there?
Is this what you have? There are 3 versions with manuals on the Mesa site.

The are 1/4" channel change jacks on all of them.
6975FA57-568E-40AD-BFE1-DDB9714BD55D.jpeg
I think you would use these with the FX8 relays.

I'm neither a Mesa user of an FX8 user, so I may be wrong.

I hooked up my 6505 to the FX8 today and it was even easier to setup that my Boogie. With the boogie, I was getting ever so slight lag when switching channels but with the 6505 it is instantaneous channel switching. It’s probably the settings on the Fractal and the fact that I have to get more familiar with the damn thing but today was the first day in 2 weeks that I was really really happy to own it.

Ok.....more trouble shooting has occurred. With my Mesa, the FX8 will only change it’s channels upon release of the toe switch. I can hold the switch down with my foot and nothing changes until I release. With my 6505, it switches the relay channel immediately upon the push of the footswitch. Any ideas how to correct? My relay settings are “tip” and “latching”.

I'm not well versed with the FX-8 but I know there is some setting on the AX-8 that allows you to change the behavior to be either on press or release. I'm betting the same exists...

Back
Top Bottom