Sooo close... :(

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
So since I ordered my FM9 I've decided I wanted to use a Temple Audio board. But I wanted to actually use 2 smaller boards with the FM9 on a Duo 24 and my Mission EP-1s (4) on a Duo 17.

Using a 4x1/4" module on each board I can connect them easily and in the future I plan to mount my FC-12 on another Duo 24 so I can opt to use either the FM9 or my Axe Fx III + FC-12 and quickly swap the pedals between whichever rig.

The pieces are starting to arrive and today my Duo 17 came. Unfortunately, I just cannot get all 4 pedals onto the board and attach them via screws thru the board (yet)... I spent a good 90 minutes trying everything I could.

I think with some slightly longer screws and some small washers to "level" things I can get them to fit by getting the 2 pedals on the outer sides of the temple slightly over the end pieces of the Temple.

I also came up with a pretty crafty solution to allow the pedals to be closer to each other without the TRS right angle cables: detach the jack from the pedal chassis and attach it thru the large holes in the board (with the feet and bottom plate removed from the expression pedal) facing down.

This requires NO space between the pedals and there are no cables on top of the pedal board since they are plugged in underneath. Very clean looking.

Anyway... I'm not giving up yet... But worst case I might just replace one Mission pedal with a mini expression pedal.

So since I ordered my FM9 I've decided I wanted to use a Temple Audio board. But I wanted to actually use 2 smaller boards with the FM9 on a Duo 24 and my Mission EP-1s (4) on a Duo 17.

Using a 4x1/4" module on each board I can connect them easily and in the future I plan to mount my FC-12 on another Duo 24 so I can opt to use either the FM9 or my Axe Fx III + FC-12 and quickly swap the pedals between whichever rig.

The pieces are starting to arrive and today my Duo 17 came. Unfortunately, I just cannot get all 4 pedals onto the board and attach them via screws thru the board (yet)... I spent a good 90 minutes trying everything I could.

I think with some slightly longer screws and some small washers to "level" things I can get them to fit by getting the 2 pedals on the outer sides of the temple slightly over the end pieces of the Temple.

I also came up with a pretty crafty solution to allow the pedals to be closer to each other without the TRS right angle cables: detach the jack from the pedal chassis and attach it thru the large holes in the board (with the feet and bottom plate removed from the expression pedal) facing down.

This requires NO space between the pedals and there are no cables on top of the pedal board since they are plugged in underneath. Very clean looking.

Anyway... I'm not giving up yet... But worst case I might just replace one Mission pedal with a mini expression pedal.
Pics?

I used ZenRigs mounting plates for my pedals. The Temple mounting plates and those work great together. A spacer with double-sdouble-sided tape to hold it to the bottom seems to work best. I have 3 EV2 pedals and a Mission wah on a 17" board and use the flat TRS cables to conserve space....

I used ZenRigs mounting plates for my pedals. The Temple mounting plates and those work great together. A spacer with double-sdouble-sided tape to hold it to the bottom seems to work best. I have 3 EV2 pedals and a Mission wah on a 17" board and use the flat TRS cables to conserve space....
I've got the ZenRig plates, too. Since they are actually wider than the pedals I opted not to go that route here as 4 would definitely not fit.

How wide are the EV-2s? Maybe that could be my "mini" pedal?

I've got the ZenRig plates, too. Since they are actually wider than the pedals I opted not to go that route here as 4 would definitely not fit.

How wide are the EV-2s? Maybe that could be my "mini" pedal?

ZenRigs' EV2 plate is 3 7/16" at the widest point (near the toe end).

IMG_20210926_100113.jpg

The 17" board gave me about 1/2" more space than they had on the boards with the FC6, which should give me just enough as long as I don't wear wide-soled shoes.

My old 21" custom-length Duo boards from the old pedalboard rig would be perfect for your use case, I think. One is being used with just the Quilter amp and DI box as a quick, grab-n-go IR capture setup, and has a HUGE amount of empty space. I'd be happy to trade my 21" for your 17" if that would make your rig come together easier. PM me if you're interested....
0926211006.jpg

Thanks... I saw that among a number of other options last night.
For 90 euros direct via Ebay this controller seems a no-brainer, they even proposed 85, but I already had pushed the payment through Paypal. The functionnalities go way beyond my needs today but the midi over bluetooth opens options that I'd not yet thought about and that might push me to start using a more discrete tablet rather than the good old paper on a music stand.
I already use their dual switches that are rock solid.

Temple has a really nice layout tool on their website. It has most pedal sizes available. I know it has the FC12/FM9, both fractal expression pedals and Mission.
Yes... And it appeared that 4 Mission pedals would fit, which they might IF I was using Temple mounting plates (I'm not, yet) AND the cables used were super low profile or not coming out the side.

I should check it with 3 Mission pedals and an EV-2.

Back
Top Bottom