Sonny Mayo- Ugly Kid Joe Live Rig setup

gunforhire

I was just lucky enough to tour with one of my favourite alt/rock/metal /punk guitarists recently. Sonny mayo from Ugly Kid Joe , Sevendust, Amen and my fave Snot..
I was his guitar tech so I was setting u his rig each day and in doing that i have the settings of the amp etc so I have duplictaed the rig down to pedals and a wah in the chain..
Its an orange rockerverb 50 into a basketweave 1960ax/bx cab.. we used the BX but there not in the axe so the AX is the choice.. loaded with Celestion Greenbacks.
Hi pedal board is a simple setup of Carbon copy delay for some songs and a Slash signature wah.. Hes a great user of the wah and adds some great funk licks on top of metal chugging..

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Sonny Mayo- Ugly Kid Joe - by Kiwicano

Im working on Scotti Hill Next from Skid row adnd his current simple touring rig of a JCM900 inot a BX cab. with a classic old tubescreamer.

Whoa. There's a band I haven't thought about in 20 years! Got that song stuck in my head now. Will have to try and get it out with your patch tomorrow! Thanks!

A lot of nice memories when I think back to the Ugly Kid Joe songs. We did some covers (Mr. Recordman, Cats in the Craddle and of course Everything about you) in those days... Great band. Thanks for posting!

Saw UKJ supporting Alice Cooper last year and they were superb. Great band with a great frontman, real showmanship. Thanks for sharing.

Spence

Patch sounds good here. Would love to get a patch for the skid row rig.

Sent from Moto X

Scottis setup on the tour I was teching for him is again real simple but his tchnique makes it come alive His live setup is
Bootleg Generator Guitar-
Vintage Ibanez Tube screamer for solos
Marshall JCM900 ( which is missing from the axefx amp list)
Marshall 1960BX 100watt bottom cab- loaded with the famous Celestion Greenbacks

I have the pictures of the knob settings for ease of use setting up each day for soundcheck. I think I'll have to try use the JVM in place of the jcm and see how that sounds.

Back
Top Bottom