Somewhat urgent help needed....

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Does anyone know what an off the shelf adapter/barrel type for the MFC/Phantom power adapter? The connector got yanked right off of mine at a gig and I can't play this weekend without my MFC. I went to fractal's shop but couldn't see where to order one.

@Admin M@

Last edited:
Does anyone know what an off the shelf adapter/barrel type for the MFC/Phantom power adapter? The connector got yanked right off of mine at a gig and I can't play this weekend without my MFC. I went to fractal's shop but couldn't see where to order one.

@FractalAudio @Admin M@
I would suspect the technical specs in the MFC manual would list that.

Assuming you have an older MFC or Axe Fx, or specially need midi instead of EtherCon or FASLink, which provide phantom power natively?

I would suspect the technical specs in the MFC manual would list that.

Assuming you have an older MFC or Axe Fx, or specially need midi instead of EtherCon or FASLink, which provide phantom power natively?
my ethercon jack got fried by an errant USB cable so I have to use the 7pin midi route. only way for me to use my MFC.

my ethercon jack got fried by an errant USB cable so I have to use the 7pin midi route. only way for me to use my MFC.
Ack! That's too bad...

I checked the MFC manual and did not see the spec for the connector... It might be in the Axe Fx manual, but that's to large to quickly peruse on my iPhone :)

I suspect it's a 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel jack, but I'm not positive. Most 9VAC adapters I've used for music gear are.

i saw the specs on voltage and amperage but not barrel size....i'm sure someone from on high will confirm...or at least tell me how to order one.

The Fractal one I have measures 2.5 mm ID and 5.5 mm OD. Spec'd output is 9V AC, 1000 mA.

Most stomp box adapters are 2.1 mm ID and 5.5 mm OD. They are also usually center negative DC output and not AC like the MFC's adapter.

Back
Top Bottom