Sometimes hardware is just too cool to pass up….

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Saw that WMD is, like a lot of other brands as of late, closing up shop. They had a liquidation of some remaining stock and I couldn’t resist buying their Geiger Counter pedal. Crazy bit reduction with analog front end and wave tables powered by a primitive “computer” engine, and likely few “useable” sounds but man….

How cool does this thing look ? Bright yellow metal box with a radiation warning and it’s named the Geiger Counter ?

I know FAS gear can pretty much replace essentially any pedal on the market, or at least come close, but this this is worth its price just to display it on a shelf as a bit of art or conversation piece.

Shame to see company making something with such a cool and unique vibe have to close, but glad to have something to remember them by.0ABFE9F3-16C9-4A13-9DF9-E90381279E42.jpeg

Congrats! I had the smaller version of that pedal. Lots of cool, quirky, industrial-level tones in it.

Yeah for sure is a sound mangler and kind of hard to tame, but I’m enjoying it for synths and drum machines. Bit over the top for guitar, but sometimes the modulation and decay of the fuzzed out tones kind of syncs up with the drum pattern and some magic happens. Of course can’t always reproduce it, but that is part of the fun of stuff like this, always be recording as you never know what you might capture lol

I wouldn't fly with it in my carry-on bag unless I was cruising for a good cavity search. That said, I always thought it was a really interesting pedal and not another tubescreamer.

There are so many pedal companies that it's impossible to keep track. I'd never heard of this one until reading this thread just now, so it's hard to mourn for the loss of the guitar gear version of a pop up lemonade stand.

This is why I Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom