Something strange is going on for me with the L6 wireless units.

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi guys.

I’m using L6 G50 wireless connected to the rear input for rehearsing and live.
In the past 8 months or so I wasn’t in a band and played @ home only so the wireless was not used, I was running a standard cable and that’s it.

Anyway I started playing with a new band and had 8-9 rehearsals while still running a cable in the front and all was good.

Few days ago I bought the new G10 (like VERY much the form factor and ease of use) and yesterday I tried it for 1st time in a band situation, loud volume etc.
My setup is the XL >> Matrix GT1000 >> Marshall 4x12 1960B in stereo.
I was struggling the whole rehearsal to have the upper frequencies heard as it should, it felt like playing through a blanket, if I wanted to hear the highs, I was forced to play also the high E ad B strings (wherever I could use them).

Now, I have a long time love/hate relation with the 1960B cab as its very directional and also I was standing very close to the cab and it does need some space to “open”, if you stand too closed to it, you don’t hear it very well.
While driving home I suddenly realized and remembered I used to suffer the same scenario back than when I used the G50 also with other cabs. It always felt like “something is missing”.

I must say that I did tested the wireless vs. cable 1000000000000000000000 tests and it was the same BUT it was at home.

There are few options as I see it:

1. I was too close to the cab.
2. This specific 4x12 is dead (it’s an option as it being treated hard over this rehearsing space)
3. I’m running the G10 / 50 on the rear input and the cable in the front and there IS a different between the inputs (I doubt it).
4. The L6 wireless IS the problem, although its 2.4GHz and digital, it sucks all the juice.
5. I need my ears to wax off.

Guys who use L6 wireless, I would appreciate your thoughts and experience.

I’m going to run few more tests of cable vs. wireless and rear vs. front input in a band situation but it will be only next weekend when we will meet and I’m very curious to hear other people impression about the L6 wireless.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You simply need to plug a cable from your guitar into the same input you used the wireless with and stand in the same spot to rule out the wireless.

I'd say if the L6 wireless cut highs or something, there would be many reports of it. I doubt it's your wireless. The cable swap would be the only way to know for sure though.

Did few recordings today, front input with cable vs. rear input with L6 wireless.

Both sounds the same, I can say 95%, the other 5% is dynamics etc, so it’s not the front vs. rear inputs / cable vs. wireless.

It’s the darn cab! I hate it! :mad:

Yes, in fact the L6 is usually brighter than a cable if you don't use the cable-tone feature.

Back
Top Bottom