Something close to the Alembic F-2B?

spufuz

Inspired
The Alembic F-2B is supposed to be based on the Fender Dual Showman amp, offering a very clean and powerful tone.
What in the Axe Fx 2 would you say is closest to the F-2B preamp or the Dual Showman?
Im thinking some one of the Fender models must be close and maybe im missing some other brand/model in the Axe!?

I wonder If the "Tube Pre" is an alternative? Or maybe its too neutral in its tone?

If you're looking to chase Gilmour's tone (he used/uses the Alembic into Hiwatts) then the TX Star Clean is very close to DGs Alembic circuit which has been modified with the addition of another preamp tube. If you change the output tubes for EL34s you should be able to get pretty close. I've always been pretty happy with the tone I get.

Good luck

If you're looking to chase Gilmour's tone (he used/uses the Alembic into Hiwatts) then the TX Star Clean is very close to DGs Alembic circuit which has been modified with the addition of another preamp tube. If you change the output tubes for EL34s you should be able to get pretty close. I've always been pretty happy with the tone I get.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip. Will try that later.

Heres a small clip of the latest "the wall preset" Im working on.
It uses comp, pi fuzz, 4 knob tube driver, javajunkies Electric Mistress block (THANKS!!), deluxe verb, basketweave TV mix cab, two rotary blocks for emulating the RA-200 cabinet, and finally some tape echo and reverb.

EDIT: Took the clip down. The audio was not panned in stereo so it did not sound quite right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom