Some video from our show over the weekend

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
I was a little nervous because I completely revamped the amp and cab block on my presets 4 days before the show and without a band rehearsal to try them out before the show. But I thought they sounded better than my previous live presets and I think the gamble payed off. I loved my sound and I got a ton of compliments on my tone and how good the overall mix was. The soundman made zero adjustments on my channel. I found two new stock cab IR's that I hadn't tried before that sounded really good with my presets and sounded even better after some tweaking in the amp block. I turned a lot of guitar players in the audience on to the AX8 last night. Here's a few videos from the show.

Last edited:
Awesome! Randy was my idol and Mr Crowley one of my favorite songs. His playing had soo much feeling.
Your sound cuts so well through the mix. And as i last time mentioned, your singer is Ozzy! I hope he has less alcohol and drug problems....

Awesome! Randy was my idol and Mr Crowley one of my favorite songs. His playing had soo much feeling.
Your sound cuts so well through the mix. And as i last time mentioned, your singer is Ozzy! I hope he has less alcohol and drug problems....
We just stick to playing around Texas which is a pretty damn big territory. We've got a show it San Antonio this weekend. Ozz-Tober Fest! LOL! Working on getting into New Orleans as well as it's only a bout a 6 hr drive from Houston.

I was at the show...

I have been talking with Todd about the AX8 and axe fx 2 for a little while now. I sold my big heavy tube amp (friedman BE 100) recently and bought an XL+. Being that Todd and I share a drummer, and that i knew he was useing the AX8 live, I got ahold of him for some advice on tackling the learning curve of the axe fx.

Let me say that Todd Bishop is one stand up guy. Nothing but helpful. Anyway... I went to the show to hear for myself just how good the AX8 direct to foh really was. The opening bands were useing 5153's and a mesa dual rec. one guy had 2 mesa 4x12 cabs, there was seriously alot of gear on stage throughout the night. So Ozz starts getting their stuff set up and Todd has nothing but an AX8 and a frw guitars. No massive 4x12 cabs or racks full of gear like the other guys... Just a little floor based modeler.

Oh Fortuna plays for a bit and from the first chord the AX8 sounded better than all the other gear of the night. I mean... Like.... Alot better. You could diferinciate the guitar from the bass, where the other bands were kinds muddy from guitar and bass overlapping frequencies and whatnot. That low cut perameter is pretty awesome it would seem.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in and say you guys sounded great, and thanks for being so helpful. I dont miss my tube rig nearly as much as i thought i would after last night's show.

Rock on man.

I was at the show...

I have been talking with Todd about the AX8 and axe fx 2 for a little while now. I sold my big heavy tube amp (friedman BE 100) recently and bought an XL+. Being that Todd and I share a drummer, and that i knew he was useing the AX8 live, I got ahold of him for some advice on tackling the learning curve of the axe fx.

Let me say that Todd Bishop is one stand up guy. Nothing but helpful. Anyway... I went to the show to hear for myself just how good the AX8 direct to foh really was. The opening bands were useing 5153's and a mesa dual rec. one guy had 2 mesa 4x12 cabs, there was seriously alot of gear on stage throughout the night. So Ozz starts getting their stuff set up and Todd has nothing but an AX8 and a frw guitars. No massive 4x12 cabs or racks full of gear like the other guys... Just a little floor based modeler.

Oh Fortuna plays for a bit and from the first chord the AX8 sounded better than all the other gear of the night. I mean... Like.... Alot better. You could diferinciate the guitar from the bass, where the other bands were kinds muddy from guitar and bass overlapping frequencies and whatnot. That low cut perameter is pretty awesome it would seem.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in and say you guys sounded great, and thanks for being so helpful. I dont miss my tube rig nearly as much as i thought i would after last night's show.

Rock on man.
Thank you brother and thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to help any way I can. It was good to see you and we appreciate you coming out. We had a blast!

I think one of your other patches is one of my go-tos on my ax8. Are you wiling to share the new ones?
Be glad to. I haven't even unloaded from the show yet so might be tomorrow before I can get to it though but I'll try get around to it tonight.

Here are the presets @bigbadorange. I'm using stock cabs F161 and F162
My Rig 5 is for Bark at the Moon, Scene 1 is the Rhythm, Scene 2 the Flanger lead, Scene 3 is the lower octave lead for Over the Mountain and Scene 4 is the rest of the solo.

bishop5150 Ozz preset is for Mr. Crowley, I Don't Know, Believer, Flying High Again, Crazy Train and Shot in the Dark. This preset uses Scene controllers for the amp blocks input gain and master volume.
Scene 1 is Rhythm, Scene 2 is a rhythm with a volume boost via the filter block, Scene 3 is a slightly overdriven tone you can roll back your guitar volume to make it cleaner. I use it for the verse parts of Shot in the Dark. Scene 4 is a lead set for tap tempo ducking delay and Scene 5 is the same thing but with a higher delay level.

Goodbye to Romance also uses scene controllers on the input gain and master volume of the amp block.
Scene 1 is for the main melody line. I roll off my guitars volume just a touch and it seems about right. YMMV. Scene 2 is just a bit hotter Scene 3 is even hotter and Scene 4 is for the solo. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• My Rig5.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 42
  • bishop5150 Ozz preset.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Goodbye to Romance.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks Bishop5150! , but dammit, I am at work right now. I can't try them until tonight...lol. Cool new patches are are like xmas gifts, I want to open them NOW!!!!

Sounds incredible!!!

One quick question if I may, what stock cabs did you use?(it defaults to a user cab)

I'm curious because I believe I am finally zoning in on a live patch I've been working on and can live with, but it needs a bit of cut, or something..
I'm sure the right IR is the key, and maybe your choice is what I've been needing!

Thanks in advance!

Sounds incredible!!!

One quick question if I may, what stock cabs did you use?(it defaults to a user cab)

I'm curious because I believe I am finally zoning in on a live patch I've been working on and can live with, but it needs a bit of cut, or something..
I'm sure the right IR is the key, and maybe your choice is what I've been needing!

Thanks in advance!
Sure it's cab #'s F161 and F162. Good luck!

Makes sense. I don't follow the tribute scene very closely but I'm intrigued by your use of the AX8 so it'd be cool to check it out. One of my good buddies is also an AX8 user and loves the tributes so maybe we'll figure out a way to make it down Houston way to check out an Ozz gig.

Makes sense. I don't follow the tribute scene very closely but I'm intrigued by your use of the AX8 so it'd be cool to check it out. One of my good buddies is also an AX8 user and loves the tributes so maybe we'll figure out a way to make it down Houston way to check out an Ozz gig.
That would be great! We are actually playing in San Antonio this weekend and headlining a big 6 band tribute festival called Ozz-Tober Fest! If you don't already have plans come down. It's closer than Houston!
ozztoberfest.jpg

Back
Top Bottom