Some scenes forget programming

dvsoul

(AF2, FW10)

Im sure its just me...or something im not doing correctly but...
when I program a preset, and the subsequent scenes...they seem to decide for themselves what FX block will work and what will not.

Example:
I program Preset 1 Scene 1 to have a Comp, Wah (off), Dist, Amp, Cab linup....then set up Scene 2 to have the same line up but only with WAH ON (for that one scene only) it doesn't remember to turn it on when i switch from 2 to 1, then back to 2 again. So certain FX blocks aren't remembering which effect is on or off. It appears sporadic because maybe Scene 3 WILL remember.

This occurs while using the manual knob AND the Midi board.
Anyone else had an issue like that?
Thanks!

I have noticed this but I chalked it up to using Axe Edit and the MFC at the same time. I thought I read in some of the fw release notes (v.10 maybe?) that Totalsync had been scrapped or disabled, but it still seems to kinda work. So I'm not sure if it's an artifact of that or not.

Also, check the "scene revert" setting in the I/O menu, and make sure you don't have any IA's set to global.

Ive tried it with and without AE and i dont use a MFC. Ive tried Scene Revert both ways and still no luck. Ill look into the IA's global setting and that may shed some light on it. thanks, at least i know im not the only one.

Happens to me too. With and without Midi board and i haven't used Axe Edit not with 9 nor with FW10. It's pretty dramatic for me because I save everything play for a while, switch back and fourth the scenes and after 5 minutes *BÄM* scene 4 bypasses the CAB block. There happens more but the bypassing the CAB sim is the most annoying.
I've a gig in the next few days and really need to get this fixed!

-edit:

I've to add that I've copied the preset a few times and only used 1 but on all others the CAB block bypassed too even without switching to the other preset once.

Last edited:
Example:
I program Preset 1 Scene 1 to have a Comp, Wah (off), Dist, Amp, Cab linup....then set up Scene 2 to have the same line up but only with WAH ON (for that one scene only) it doesn't remember to turn it on when i switch from 2 to 1, then back to 2 again. So certain FX blocks aren't remembering which effect is on or off. It appears sporadic because maybe Scene 3 WILL remember.

If it was just the wah that has the problem, I would suggest checking to see if the the auto-engage is on. However, someone else just said the it happens with a cab block, so it must be something else. You said it happens on 2 and he said 4, so I think it must be the even scenes with the issue. ;)

It happend on scene 1,2,3,4. Haven't used more but things bypassed or switched on like Comp, Cab, Multicomp, Gate...

well, im both glad...and sad to hear it isnt just me. Hopefully its resolved in a later firmware. I eventually plan on upgrading to the MCF101 but until then, the scene feature is useless to me. It doesnt just happen with Wah, its random. Some presets...its reverb...differant presets it is other FX. Seems to have a mind of its own.

I'm sure you are storing the preset after making the changes in scenes you want to keep?

Back
Top Bottom