Some photos of when I was on tour with The Dead

I can recognize that stage from pretty much every angle, no matter how much of it is hidden or not built yet! I had a pretty big fanatical phase in my teens....which is probably why I had no friends when I was in elementary/middle school!

In some of the bootlegs you can see the guys pulling the pig ropes. My dad caught a show in '88 in Foxboro (same place I saw them in '94) and the pig deflated as it was pushed out over the crowd, because of the drooping legs, it sank low enough for the audience to grab it. It was also being raised and lowered by stage hands via rope, so when the audience started yanking on it, there were a couple guys trying to pull it back up in the air while getting flung about by the audience. :tearsofjoy: Probably played a big part in the reason they were stationary on the '94 tour!

I can recognize that stage from pretty much every angle, no matter how much of it is hidden or not built yet! I had a pretty big fanatical phase in my teens....which is probably why I had no friends when I was in elementary/middle school!

In some of the bootlegs you can see the guys pulling the pig ropes. My dad caught a show in '88 in Foxboro (same place I saw them in '94) and the pig deflated as it was pushed out over the crowd, because of the drooping legs, it sank low enough for the audience to grab it. It was also being raised and lowered by stage hands via rope, so when the audience started yanking on it, there were a couple guys trying to pull it back up in the air while getting flung about by the audience. :tearsofjoy: Probably played a big part in the reason they were stationary on the '94 tour!
The pigs were wiggling on the Division bell..because I was on a rope... the pig towers were in a place where the pigs would never be above the crowd.. and there were gates and a buffer zone at the front of the stage. Did the show you seen start out with Astronomy Domonie? Do you have a link to that bootleg?

Last edited:
The pigs were wiggling on the Division bell..because I was on a rope... the pig towers were in a place where the pigs would never be above the crowd.. and there were gates and a buffer zone at the front of the stage. Did the show you seen start out with Astronomy Domonie? Do you have a link to that bootleg?

I meant stationary as in they were staying in one place, as in not floating over the crowd like previous tours.

My show did start with “Astronomy Domine”, however, I only have the audio bootleg of it, not the video. I’m not sure if you can view my Favorites on YouTube or not, but I’ll send you a link later tonight with all the shows I have saved on there. Off the top of my head, there’s Miami, Montreal, Giants Stadium and I believe a Cali show, then a bunch from Europe.

There’s a site that’s name escapes me right now, but it’s the hub of pretty much every Floyd bootleg known to man and they’re in torrent form. It’s yuskill or yeshkill or something like that....I’ll send you a link to that as well, you could surely find the shows you were at.

To be honest, when listening to the show I was at (May 20th), David didn’t sound as inspired as other nights on the tour. It was the 3rd night in a row they played in Foxboro and maybe he just wasn’t feeling it. And I say that as someone who worships pretty much every note he plays.

I would have shit my pants if I could have helped build that stage! When I was younger, I tried convincing my dad to buy one of those giant trampolines because they resembled the circular screen and I wanted to hang it up somewhere in our backyard. :tearsofjoy: That show really changed my life. 7 months after it I had my first guitar in my hands.

It was a big no no.... taking photos.. and I took chances with getting fired. We weren't supposed to be chasing these people around.. getting autographs .. photos... trying to start conversations.... was not professional..as they proposed.. took these with cheap Kodak disposable camera. I regret not pushing that more... and getting more photos.
I got a bunch more but dont want to gas out all at once with them.
I should try to digitize them.. now that you mention it

We live in an age where its so easy to take photographs that they've become meaningless. See something, pull out cell phone, snap picture, post on social media for likes......, and forgotten.

We've really forgotten that it used to be a lot harder. Nobody had smart phones with them, few carried a camera around with them, you couldn't access the results directly, unless you had polaroid, you had to take the film to a lab to get them developed. And there was always a chance that the lab might f*** things up. I reckon under those conditions its a miracle you managed to take anything.

When you're young you think you're invincible and the future is far away. Sigh..... to be young again and know what we know now. Not so much the exact events, but the lessons life has taught us.

Back
Top Bottom