AFIII Some metal for ya’ll!

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
After a year of writer’s block it seems someone took their foot off the hose recently and I’ve been writing/recording like a maniac again. Just finished this one yesterday. If ya dig Alice In Chains, Pantera and Lamb Of God, ya might dig it…..if ya don’t enjoy screaming vocals, proceed at your own risk!

Guitars-
Solar E-type- IIC++ on one side, Splawn Nitrous on the other
Solo was my JEM and the JPIIC+
Bass was my Spector into my usual distorted bass sound + DI
Drums SD3
Vocals were an SM7B, I barely even wore headphones, mostly just tracked it right in front of the monitors sitting in my studio chair.

Ok I am going to be that guy and ask if you'll share your presets. Also what did you use in SD3?

The song is KILLER, have you put it out anywhere for streaming other than Soundcloud?

Dude! So refreshing to hear someone deliver the goods like that. Personally, I tend to overcompensate for
my inability to play and be creative with endless paragraphs of posts on gear forums. :D

Great job, Drew! Metal as fuck!!

P.S. Could someone really play that one section on drums??

Ok I am going to be that guy and ask if you'll share your presets. Also what did you use in SD3?

The song is KILLER, have you put it out anywhere for streaming other than Soundcloud?

I‘ll post the presets when I get home tonight, but there’s a good chance they’re using 3rd party IR’s.

I made my own kit in SD3 using an older SDX that has the Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit because Starclassics are my favorite drums, I think the snare might be both a Black Beauty and the Starclassic snare mixed together but I can’t remember for sure. The biggest thing that helps with the drum sounds in the context of the track is parallel compression on an aux track, I use just enough to catch the initial transients and use the compression to get the impact of the drums, but everything EQ-wise is happening inside SD3’s mixer.

And thanks! I’ve only posted this here, another forum (www.TheGearForum.com, check us out, there’s lots of Fractal brethren there!) and my FB. I was working on an album for the last few years but life happened and this is the first thing I’ve done after a straight year of writer’s block. Still not sure if I just want to keep putting out singles or if I’ll do an EP or album, but it’s all getting released under the Volatile Gentleman band name….even though it’s just me.

Dude! So refreshing to hear someone deliver the goods like that. Personally, I tend to overcompensate for
my inability to play and be creative with endless paragraphs of posts on gear forums. :D

Great job, Drew! Metal as fuck!!

P.S. Could someone really play that one section on drums??

Thanks, bro!

I’m guessing you mean the trem picked section, but yeah, as long as they can play double stroke rolls with their feet…..or they’re Derek Roddy or Gene Hoglan!

(0:40)

My tune is 168BPM…..this dude gets up to 200!

Back
Top Bottom