AFIII Some King's X on bass

Nice! DuG would probably run it all into a MBC.

Yeah, I know with his past rigs he’s often used a crossover to split between a bass amp and a guitar amp. Did you guys do any work with them when Dug and Ty were both using an AxeFX? I saw them at NAMM that year inside the Mackie room with like 14 other people, it was AWESOME. Just hearing Dug’s bass coming directly out of the amp was something else. Ty had his Egnater’s at the time but I’m pretty sure he was using the AxeFX for his pre-amp.

Then I got hammered with Dug at the Dean NAMM Jam later that night, where we watched Hellyeah, Michael Schenker and Megadeth sitting right next to each other the whole time. He’s a good dude (likes Long Islands). I saw him the next night at the Hilton during the after party, he yelled from about 20 feet away “HOW’S YOUR VOICE TODAY???”, because I was screaming my face off during Hellyeah’s set and for a minute, I felt like the biggest dude in the room, which was a tall order because Saturday night at the Hilton of NAMM weekend, it’s practically ALL big dudes in that room.

Back
Top Bottom