Some issues with tone matching and saving the cab

metamorfis

Hi,

I am new to the Axe FX II and am trying to tone match a patch I need from my Kemper. I had some kind of success yesterday but something has gone wrong.

I am using a Focusrite 18i20 soundcard and the Axe FX is connected to the card using SPDIF in/out.

I followed the instructions for amp matching from the tutorial.

The kemper's output in routed to the Axe's INPUT 2 L and the Axe's OUTPUT 2 L is routed to the input of the Kemper.

When I matched the cab, the first time I ran the TEST button in the IR menu on the Axe I heard a Sweeping noise and everything seemed to work as expected. I can see an impulse on the LCD panel and attempted to save it. I selected the SCRATCHPAD tab in the Axe Edit's menu and used the first slot and pressed saved. It appeared that nothing was sent as the slot was empty but when I played some guitar through the Axe it sounded right. I thenwent ahead and did the Tone Matching but had to do it all without hearing anything as it didn't appear to work to reference the Kemper signal as I played.

Everything seemed fine though and I saved the preset. Then I switched everything off and put the Kemper away. I started the Axe and it sounded all fizzy and I noticed the cab was missing.

I hooked up the Kemper again and tried to profile the cab but this time I couldn't hear any sweeping sound but looking at the LCD panel there was an impulse there after I pressed the match button. This time I tried to be more thorough in making sure the cabinet was saved and exported. I tried loads of times to send it to the Axe Edit and eventually succeeded after several refresh attemps in the Axe Edit program. Then I exported the cab to a file and thought I had sorted everything out.

I switched of the Axe and started it again and the sound was again fizzy. So i loaded my exported cab and it the sound is the same. The cab is block is not disabled.

I have to get my Kemper tone matched by Thrusday or Friday as I've sold the unit. I managed to get a reasoanble clone of the tone using the USB tone matching from an audio file but it's not quite the same and it requires further EQ matching in my DAW to get it as I want it.

If anyone can give me simple instuctions that I can follow I would be really thankful. I have read and followed the PDFs as best as I can but something is obviously not quite right.

Back
Top Bottom