Some gig videos from over the weekend

OK. That is what I'm talking about. Sounds great.

Just got my AX8 a week or so ago. Ready to get a 2x12 Xitone. Are your wedges powered or passive? If passive what are you using for power amp? I have a Freyette PS2 that I plan to use with the 2x12.

OK. That is what I'm talking about. Sounds great.

Just got my AX8 a week or so ago. Ready to get a 2x12 Xitone. Are your wedges powered or passive? If passive what are you using for power amp? I have a Freyette PS2 that I plan to use with the 2x12.
They are powered but I had a set of passive at one time that I used with a Matrix GT1000.

I tell you "bishops5150" I have been a Fractal owner for years since around 2009, anyway---.
I always had interest in the AX8 since it came out but since it is not as powerful as its big brother I have had reservations.
But your videos were the push I needed and got one last month.

thanks
John

Killer bro!! Thanks again for getting me into the Xitones! Love Over the mt! I remember when they played it on the radio every day alternating it with Flying High again

@6L6C if you do not have to have two amps in your signal path (I never do) the Ax8 works great. There are a couple of effects that you cannot have 2 of (I think), but overall tonally I hear no difference from my old Axe II

Last edited:
@6L6C if you do not have to have two amps in your signal path (I never do) the ax8 works great. There are a couple of effexts nnot have 2 of, but overall tonally I hear no difference from my old Axe II

I don’t run two amps either (or I should say at the same time) except maybe during some recording secessions, even that’s rare. And it doesn’t matter since my Axe Fx II staying!!

My fears when looking at the AX8 come from basically being a bit of a spoiled bitch from the AF II. I have a few patches that I use that are kind of large. The patches are for that “what if” scenario. What if I feel like using a fuzz instead of a drive, what if a mono delay instead of a multi-tap, that type of thing. I know what you might be thinking. Just use X/Y: and I do. But I may still use both drive blocks with X/Y to give me a total of 4 drives, just to give you a example. I treat these patches very stomp box like, although I do use scenes also.

Although I may have to restrict myself a little as far as my “what if” patches I do find the AX8 more than capable.

What I really love about the AX8 is the board!! I said it in other posts and I will say it again.

Sticky presets, sticky scenes all the buttons are dynamic from preset to preset. I find the 8 buttons on the AX8 more flexible than the 17 on my MFC.

John

LOL. I'm in the crowd in those videos. You guys should have heard it live! It's THE main reason I own an AX8. Todd and I go back to the 5150 forum. We both had 5153 amps and matching cabs with TC G-Systems. Remember those days Todd??? I saw Ozz play in a video and went to see them several times with his 5153 setup. Over time, he started using the AX8. I went back to see Ozz at the House of Blues and was blown away at how natural and honestly, slightly better his AX8 rig sounded compared to the 5153.

I don’t run two amps either (or I should say at the same time) except maybe during some recording secessions, even that’s rare. And it doesn’t matter since my Axe Fx II staying!!

My fears when looking at the AX8 come from basically being a bit of a spoiled bitch from the AF II. I have a few patches that I use that are kind of large. The patches are for that “what if” scenario. What if I feel like using a fuzz instead of a drive, what if a mono delay instead of a multi-tap, that type of thing. I know what you might be thinking. Just use X/Y: and I do. But I may still use both drive blocks with X/Y to give me a total of 4 drives, just to give you a example. I treat these patches very stomp box like, although I do use scenes also.

Although I may have to restrict myself a little as far as my “what if” patches I do find the AX8 more than capable.

What I really love about the AX8 is the board!! I said it in other posts and I will say it again.

Sticky presets, sticky scenes all the buttons are dynamic from preset to preset. I find the 8 buttons on the AX8 more flexible than the 17 on my MFC.

John
Any chance you can just keep the Axe? All the reasons you mentioned are exactly why I kept my XL and sold my FX8 instead.

LOL. I'm in the crowd in those videos. You guys should have heard it live! It's THE main reason I own an AX8. Todd and I go back to the 5150 forum. We both had 5153 amps and matching cabs with TC G-Systems. Remember those days Todd??? I saw Ozz play in a video and went to see them several times with his 5153 setup. Over time, he started using the AX8. I went back to see Ozz at the House of Blues and was blown away at how natural and honestly, slightly better his AX8 rig sounded compared to the 5153.
Oh I remember the G-System days. Played with that and my EVH since 2009. I agree with you though that this rig sounds better. I thought it sounded great Saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom