Some Fcb1010 guidance needed

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
Hi I've just bought the fcb1010 and im having some troubles.

Okay I want to be able to switch scenes within the presets I have made. How do I setup the fcb1010 to do that? If it cannot be setup to do that how do I then copy my scene 2 to another preset? :)

Another thing, I think I have programmed something wrong as the axe switches from 000 to 002 when I hit "1" and "2" on my board.

Sorry for posting here, but I didn't get help in midi-section.

thanks!:)

I set up 1,2 - presets
3-4-5 - always switch scenes
To set up just assign dedicated controller number to pedal. Use FCB1010 PC Editor to program. There you can easily copy bank or pedal assingments.
Better buy Uno chip for FCB or Gordius Little Giant Module...

Download FCB1010 PC Editor. Connect to midi. Are you familar with midi controllers and Program Change messages? Editor gives you intergface to more easily program the controller.

For Mac you should find another editor. Anyway fcb connects via midi port.
General idea - pedals that switch scenes - send controller number that corresponds to scene change in Axe. Default 34.
First scene controller 34 with value 0, Second - 1 etc.
These pedals will do theirs work with any preset activated.

Other pedals that switch preset send Program Change Messages with numbers corresponding to preset number. By default all pedals on fcb send programm change.
Highly suggest to buy Uno chip or Little Gint module. It will gove you much more possibiities. With Uno you will get stomp mode pedals. And with Lottle Giant - full powered controller compared with MFC by functionality and even more.

Hi I've just bought the fcb1010 and im having some troubles.

Okay I want to be able to switch scenes within the presets I have made. How do I setup the fcb1010 to do that? If it cannot be setup to do that how do I then copy my scene 2 to another preset? :)

Another thing, I think I have programmed something wrong as the axe switches from 000 to 002 when I hit "1" and "2" on my board.

Sorry for posting here, but I didn't get help in midi-section.

thanks!:)

You probably didn't get help because there is already many many many threads explaining how to do this in the "other Midi Controllers" section. Search is your friend. I suggest you spend some time and read the manual for both the FCB1010 and the Axe FX II midi section.

I personally made a couple posts explaining exactly how to do this.

Also,

A lot of people think you need to modify the FCB1010 with 3rd party chips, or some add on module thing....... COMPLETELY UN-NEEDED. with Scenes, there is no need for stomp box mode, unless you just like to complicate things. Using one preset... I highly doubt you need more than 8 configurations in a single song, and if you actually do, then switch presets and have access to 8 more scenes.... Stomp Box mode is a thing of the past, just like carrying around a bunch of tube amps and multi pedal boards.

Okay i followed the exact instructions according to the Program a preset and once again the axe starts to skip one preset! firstly it doesn't change to preset one when i press the #1 switch on my board, secondly when i press #6 switch the axe switches to preset 5... Frustrating as hell!

Presets numbering starts from 00 not 01. Check AXE MIDI preferences and program change numbers assigned to buttons.

Okay i followed the exact instructions according to the Program a preset and once again the axe starts to skip one preset! firstly it doesn't change to preset one when i press the #1 switch on my board, secondly when i press #6 switch the axe switches to preset 5... Frustrating as hell!

did you perform a factory reset on the FCB1010? If not, then I'd recommend this to start. However, that said, the FCB1010 is not necessarily an easy-to-understand MIDI pedal, and it is certainly not plug 'n play, unless perhaps you are using it with other Behringer MIDI products which are set up in such a way to play nice with the FCB, and vice-versa.

Long story short, the FCB1010 has a nice feature set for short money. The down side is that it can be a tad confusing to understand how to program, even for those who have a good understanding of MIDI, and BOTH are essential if you plan on getting good results with the pedal. Rule of thumb for FCB1010 newbies: expect to exercise a good amount of patience when learning how to get things sorted with this pedal, no two ways around it. Go slowly and methodically. Again, I can't stress enough the value of having a good understanding of how MIDI is used to control gear such as the AxeFx. Unless you understand the HOW and WHY of the protocol is used to make your gear "do stuff", then you're sort of shooting blind.

Aside from some of the other linked threads on the FCB, I recommend you check this out:

http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/IdiotsGuide.htm

Regarding the offset numbering convention between the FCB and AxeFx, you need to change the Display Offset on the MIDI page of the I/O menu:

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/images/7/77/9.3_MIDI_Parameters.pdf

Display Offset causes Axe-Fx II presets to appear to be numbered from 001 instead of
from 000. The offset does not change which preset is recalled by a given Program
Change message

did you perform a factory reset on the FCB1010? If not, then I'd recommend this to start. However, that said, the FCB1010 is not necessarily an easy-to-understand MIDI pedal, and it is certainly not plug 'n play, unless perhaps you are using it with other Behringer MIDI products which are set up in such a way to play nice with the FCB, and vice-versa.

Long story short, the FCB1010 has a nice feature set for short money. The down side is that it can be a tad confusing to understand how to program, even for those who have a good understanding of MIDI, and BOTH are essential if you plan on getting good results with the pedal. Rule of thumb for FCB1010 newbies: expect to exercise a good amount of patience when learning how to get things sorted with this pedal, no two ways around it. Go slowly and methodically. Again, I can't stress enough the value of having a good understanding of how MIDI is used to control gear such as the AxeFx. Unless you understand the HOW and WHY of the protocol is used to make your gear "do stuff", then you're sort of shooting blind.

Aside from some of the other linked threads on the FCB, I recommend you check this out:

http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/IdiotsGuide.htm

Regarding the offset numbering convention between the FCB and AxeFx, you need to change the Display Offset on the MIDI page of the I/O menu:

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/images/7/77/9.3_MIDI_Parameters.pdf

Display Offset causes Axe-Fx II presets to appear to be numbered from 001 instead of
from 000. The offset does not change which preset is recalled by a given Program
Change message

Hi I appreciate your time!

I reset the fcb1010 and everything went normal - back in business. The problem here - as you mention - is that I don't know heck about midi or the fractal-midi-world. Do you have some sort of idea on how I can achieve the knowledge to understand the midi regarding the axe fx and the fcb1010? :)

one thing about your guide, how do select more than one scene? I can only programme my way through the second scene as you write, but when i start to dial in 34 on the #02 switch it selects scene 3 or something. Very odd. :)
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom