AFIII Some CCV fun

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
I spent the weekend re-recording a song I wrote a couple years ago and took the time to work out a solo instead of the improvised crap that was on the original.

Used the CCV model with a BB Pre in front. I'm using a Digtech Freqout in the first bit for the feedback on the ends of the notes. Nothing overly flashy, trust me, I tried tossing some 16th notes runs in there, the song wasn't having it. :tearsofjoy: I didn't want to spend forever syncing the video so it's off by like a fraction of a second, but it's the audio out of Logic and not an iphone mic. (Haven't even begun mixing this yet)

The rhythm guitars in the background are a mix of the CCV and some of Austin Buddy's presets from Live Gold, some Marshall and a Matchless. When the song is done I'll post the whole thing because this song definitely highlights what makes those presets great. Instead of spending time trying to dial in what I was hearing in my head, I just clicked through a couple of AB's presets and found exactly what I was going for, I'm not even sure I tweaked them. (There'll definitely be some post-EQ in the final result, but it'll be minimal)

And here's the preset if anyone wants it, you'll have to use your own IR's as these were OH Diezel IR's (DZL-RL 160 and the RL V30 12K 160)

Attachments

• Drucifer's CCV.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
Very creative effects routing. I swear I heard a Wah in there the first time. :)
Hahahhaha yeah it was in the original, too. I just wasn’t a fan of the repetitive thing I was doing in the demo solo. It had the gist of what I was going for but was….to repetitive.

I setup most of my lead patches like that; I want the reverb on each note, but also want the delay trails to have reverb on them. The Out/In 3 is for the Freqout.

Same here, during the descending riff starting at 0:18.

Very nice, Drew.

Yep, the wah is on the entire the 2nd half the solo. It’s a tweaked version of the Petrucci wah I dialed in thanks to Leon’s tip about using the spec sheets on Dunlop’s site.

And thanks!

Hahahhaha yeah it was in the original, too. I just wasn’t a fan of the repetitive thing I was doing in the demo solo. It had the gist of what I was going for but was….to repetitive.

I setup most of my lead patches like that; I want the reverb on each note, but also want the delay trails to have reverb on them. The Out/In 3 is for the Freqout.

Yep, the wah is on the entire the 2nd half the solo. It’s a tweaked version of the Petrucci wah I dialed in thanks to Leon’s tip about using the spec sheets on Dunlop’s site.

And thanks!

Ok, my ears are not as easily fooled as you had me thinking they were. :)

CCV FTW! Sounds awesome!

One of the FB groups I’m in (I’m sure a few people here know about Groomed Noodlers/Alex King) is all about the Camerons and take a lot of pride in owning them…..I’m half tempted to post this in there and see what the results are. I know 3/4’s of the comments will be crap like “All I hear are 0’s and 1’s”, but I’m still tempted. :D

Back
Top Bottom