Some cab delay observations and ways to utilize with clip.

zentman

Experienced
Some cab delay observations and ways to utilize with clip + NGD

So that cab delay was meant to offset a couple of cabs and provide neat comb filter and other effects. When one has two cabs panned center it becomes something slightly different yet of course the same. I have a blackface 1x12 and the Jay FF EMI open back. Panned center you will hear what turning one of the delay knobs does.

Second reason for this clip is to show how much fatter a clean can be even if you just double the same amp. Starts with one double verb then adds a second exactly the same setting double verb. (first part of clip)

The guitar is this $200 Viper thingy I picked up on Saturday. I saw it had two Seymour Duncans and Spertzel locking tuners. I was gonna just take the parts but I like the guitar so now I play it. I had to move the strap button from the back to the horn. Way too neck heavy. This clean is me recreating my touring rig when I played in the eighties. A twin with an SG type guitar and a delay and verb. Left the delay out here.

20120925195004.jpg

Here's the clip. Starts with one amp. Goes to two. Then you will hear me turn the cab delay up a quarter turn a time. I end back at delay at zero.

There are ways to switch between any two of these sounds with a foot switch. Since the out of phase cab trick sounds stratish at times it would be a good way to cop a semi-strat sound without changing guitars.
PS........would love to be able to control that knob with my expression pedal. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom