Some advice for Big Stage gig

I have had this situation. I created an "Amp and Cab free" preset that just had my required effects on it. Basically a stomp box style setup and ran 1 cable straight into the front of the back-line amp - which was a Vox AC30. Ironically, this was the very first time an FOH engineer came up to me and went "Fractal AX8" Nice ... you should ave gone straight into FOH as these things sound amazing" Doh! With all of that being said, everything sounded great. Maybe you could just AX8 Stomp Box style for the night.

Going to an amp and speakers and kicking in a cab block and going straight with no EQ'ing or setup is pretty much a recipe for disaster.
Not the same animal at all. Go with what you know then experiment.

You can build a preset that has preamp only in the amp block, if you want to go into an FX return, or just use pedal blocks if you want to go into an amp input. It should not take you long to get a good tone through FoH with a basic default presets, then a few small EQ tweaks should get you anywhere you need. Build both types and that way you can switch to the best one live.

Back
Top Bottom