Some 9 fun....

Très cool... love the way, at times, it's difficult to know whether you're listening to guitar, horns or both.

Good stuff Ed! Must be inspiring to play with that rhythm section!! Good luck on the gig and see you at NAMM!

xrist04 said:
Sounds great Ed! Have fun at the BP jam :)
I've done a few of the Z's jamz and it's always a blast. Looking forward to be part of the house band for a night...love Z's and Jamie's playing.

scottl said:
Good stuff Ed! Must be inspiring to play with that rhythm section!! Good luck on the gig and see you at NAMM!
Can't complain between having Minnemann, Weckl and Rosenblatt drum on my last CD, and getting to carve air with some serious dudes down here. I jammed with Travis Carlton and Glen Sobel the other day...sweet.

I'll see if I can make it out on the 11th. I was able to catch the last two Monday Night Jamz in December since I was on vacation.

I was able to see you once. You are great player. You'll fit in really well with all the talent on that stage.

mworkman said:
I'll see if I can make it out on the 11th. I was able to catch the last two Monday Night Jamz in December since I was on vacation.

I was able to see you once. You are great player. You'll fit in really well with all the talent on that stage.
Thanks. Were you there this Monday? that was just insane how Jamie and Haffa threw down, and Z just totally killed it with the Lenny WHite tune.

Ed DeGenaro said:
mworkman said:

Thanks. Were you there this Monday? that was just insane how Jamie and Haffa threw down, and Z just totally killed it with the Lenny WHite tune.

Yeah, this past Monday I was there. Haffa and Jamie were great although it took me a few seconds to realize it was Haffa. He was a little incognito but when he started playing I was like "yeah, that's him."

For the jamz I usually get there really early like just after 8 and take a seat at the back corner of the bar next to the guy who films all the time. This last Monday I had to bail a little early so I didn't stay long enough after the opening set to see you play again.

I haven't ever lived anywhere else but I think... or rather know... how lucky I am to be able to take a short ride over to The Baked Potato and watch some really incredible musicians play.

mworkman said:
Ed DeGenaro said:
mworkman said:

Yeah, this past Monday I was there. Haffa and Jamie were great although it took me a few seconds to realize it was Haffa. He was a little incognito but when he started playing I was like "yeah, that's him."

For the jamz I usually get there really early like just after 8 and take a seat at the back corner of the bar next to the guy who films all the time. This last Monday I had to bail a little early so I didn't stay long enough after the opening set to see you play again.

I haven't ever lived anywhere else but I think... or rather know... how lucky I am to be able to take a short ride over to The Baked Potato and watch some really incredible musicians play.
Take it from me, after living in Germany coming to LA in 87 and then before moving to Seattle in the mid 90s being able to see landau tear it up in hole in the wall crap holes with the honkies was the shit. Yeah, I'm beyong happy I decided to move back here.

Wow haven't listened to Miles in years (used to, daily, at some point in my life)

Miles Davis Tutu is the definition of COOL!

You did a great job here!

;)

Me likey much Ed! I'm digging your lines more and more as time goes on. And it kinda seems like you're using less of your trademark "honk". Or are my ears playing tricks? ;)

Robert

Fatang said:
Me likey much Ed! I'm digging your lines more and more as time goes on. And it kinda seems like you're using less of your trademark "honk". Or are my ears playing tricks? ;)

Robert
Thanks...my cure for the honk...single coils, less gain and a shit load of more top end...in other words the older I get and the deafer I get...the less top I hear and get to compensate. :)

Back
Top Bottom