[solved] Volume Pedal worked pefectly for awhile and then...

JoeGraz

EV-1 into FX8 Pedal One
Guitar into Instrument in 1 (Pre)
Preset used is stock Vintage Board (A4), all Pre.

Went thru pedal setup, and it worked immediately. Somewhere the process of newb exploration, it stopped working. In my mind, a pilot error....no biggy, I'll fix it.

Went thru entire setup again, and the vol pedal does not work at all. Works as a wah, not as vol. Tried to retrace my steps over and over, no luck.

I am convinced I inadvertently clicked something that needs to be unclicked, but I am at a loss. Can anybody point me to a course of action?

thx

Went thru entire setup again, and the vol pedal does not work at all. Works as a wah, not as vol.
when you say "volume pedal" do you mean a Global thing? or did you add a Volume block to each preset?

check out the Owner's Manual for instructions for both Global Volume pedal and per-preset usage. note that if you make something Global, then it's always on (hence Global). you can't have one pedal be Global Volume and then sometimes not.
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.45.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.45.58 PM.png

I am talking a global volume pedal. I originally followed the procedure in your first attached doc to set it up. Worked flawlessly. Then as I was navigating around, experimenting etc, it was on, it wasn't on...I knew I did something to cause this, but didn't know how. I referenced the wah was working only because I stumbled on a preset that had a wah block and the pedal worked...hence I know the pedal is good.

So I tried to redo the procedure in sec 15 above over and over again to "reset" the pedal as a global vol pedal to no avail. I know I did something to cause this behavior, i just don't know what.

Last edited:
I am talking a global volume pedal. I originally followed the procedure in your first attached doc to set it up. Worked flawlessly. Then as I was navigating around, experimenting etc, it was on, it wasn't on...I knew I did something to cause this, but didn't know how. I referenced the wah was working only because I stumbled on a preset that had a wah block and the pedal worked...hence I know the pedal is good.

So I tried to redo the procedure in sec 15 above over and over again to "reset" the pedal as a global vol pedal to no avail. I know I did something to cause this behavior, i just don't know what.
In the I/O CTRL menu, what items say Pedal 1?

Out 2 (Post)
At one point I was changing External 1 and 2 to "pedal 1" to see if it changed anything (did not)

So I changed all (4) options in the I/O Control screen to "Pedal 1" and now everything works. Strange. Thanks for weighing in!

Out 2 (Post)
At one point I was changing External 1 and 2 to "pedal 1" to see if it changed anything (did not)
You aren’t connected to the physical Post jacks on the rear of the FX8, so a Pedal controlling Post won’t do anything.

Changing External 1 to Pedal is why the Wah turned on at one point.

So I changed all (4) options in the I/O Control screen to "Pedal 1" and now everything works. Strange. Thanks for weighing in!
You don’t want all of these set. Just use the one you want. Read step 2 again in the Global Volume Setup page. Nothing strange about it. You’re physically connected to Pre, so you can only control Pre. Controlling Post when nothing is plugged in will do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom