<solved>USB Reconnects fail requiring restart

grape

Experienced
If I disconnect the USB cable from the computer and then reconnect it, the computer does not recognize the AxeFX III anymore. I have to restart the AxeFX to have it recognized again (USB midi or as an Audio device). I'm also noticing that sometimes (more frequently than before) on first connect it doesn't work either.

OSX MacBook Pro 2018 (latest Mojave)
multiple AxeFX III (FW 1.18, USB FW 1.06)

Will verify on computers later but I'm fairly sure it's consistent no matter the computer, USB bus, cable, etc. Thought I'd throw this out there earlier rather than later.

Sounds like another USB device or driver might be interfering. Have you tried removing all other devices and creating a new configuration in Audio MIDI Settings?

Ugh. My bad. This setup has a USB hub and I didn't have it powered. Power was being supplied by the computer (which is way more than sufficient). There must be a timing or overload issue. Once I powered the hub itself, all Axes are recognized after a disconnect and reconnect 100% of the time. I wonder if there was a timing change in an OSX update recently because I don't think this happened before.

Back
Top Bottom