[solved] USB Audio Device: no devices connected

H3O2

Experienced
***FIXED*** Working now.
Decided to try to install driver one more time in the middle of the night, and this time I was prompted during install that the installation was aborted and a reboot was required and showed a radio button with 'reboot' selected. Clicked to proceed and the pc restarted. I went back to the folder where the install file is located and it installed successfully, and it is now working. It is being seen as an audio device on the system.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM: Out of nowhere, no updates, I can't connect Axe III anymore. Restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, shutdown, every combo and still nothing. Tried different USB ports, still not connecting. Thoughts anyone? Had it for over a month now no troubles. Win10 PRO. USB connection is recognized by windows when I connect the cable but CP says no devices connected.

FYI Unit works fine connected to CLRs sound normal.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Chris, yes I reinstalled the 4.38 driver twice restarted, shutdown the Axe, unpluged the usb replugged, different cable. I uninstalled rebooted, and reinstalled, to be clear.

***UPDATE*** Working now.
Decided to try to install driver one more time in the middle of the night, and this time I was prompted during install that the installation was aborted and a reboot was required and showed a radio button with 'reboot' selected. Clicked to proceed and the pc restarted. I went back to the folder where the install file is located and it installed successfully, and it is now working. It is being seen as an audio device on the system.

Great. I thought about this last night and started thinking it probably isn't a hardware issue because the PC recognized the USB when you plugged it in.

Great. I thought about this last night and started thinking it probably isn't a hardware issue because the PC recognized the USB when you plugged it in.

I was hoping the same thing when I had the urge to try again when I woke up in the middle of the night. Relieved, except I woke up late for work this morning. "Sorry boss, ...I was fixing my AxeFx connection."

I replied to support's email to let them know since I couldn't figure out how to cancel from the support site. Thanks for the support!

Happened again. Out of the blue, could not reestablish USB audio connection without a clean install after uninstall and reboot, then a reboot after clean install as prompted. Worked. Currently FW.1.13 Will upgrade to 1.14 and watch and see.

Back
Top Bottom