[Solved] Stand-in switch fires only „Hold“ function

langohr

Inspired
Experienced today on AXE-FX III:
FW 16.04

Any press of a stand-in switch fires immediately the “Hold“ function (If there is any programmed).

Only if no Hold-Function is programmed on the switch, the stand-in switch fires the „Tap“ function as it should.

No, momentary switch.

I suppose, @BryantP solved it.
Test it tomorrow, but I‘m certain he got it.

Edit:

As @moerker reported, did he test the proposed solution.
The problem seems not to be solved and still existing.
I‘ll test tomorrow, too.

Last edited:
My two Mosky stand-in switches work properly for both tap & hold with FW 16.04. Check the polarity selection in the FC Switch Setup settings.

Danny W.

My two Mosky stand-in switches work properly for both tap & hold with FW 16.04. Check the polarity selection in the FC Switch Setup settings.

Danny W.
I had to set my Mosky switches to reverse polarity to get everything to behave 100% correctly, as they are normally-open switches. Their replacements are normally-closed, and polarity is now normal again. It is a small difference, but normally-closed switches fire pretty much as soon as your toe starts to press it, as opposed to when it is fully depressed.

Funny that, being someone prone to tripping on the carpet pattern and falling up stairs, I would notice the difference and have a preference for one of them....

Last edited:
@BryantP , yup, your advice solved the problem. Thank you very much. (Stupid me that I didn't think of it.)

I've a physical "momentary close" type switch attached.
Changed Polarity to "Reverse". Now everything works fine, "Tap" and "Hold" are functioning.

The conclusion:

Polarity "Normal" means a "Momentary open" type stand-in switch.
Polarity "Reverse" means a "Momentary closed" type stand-in switch

Back
Top Bottom