[Solved] SPDIF question

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
helping someone on discord. i don't have any experience with SPDIF.

if the I/O Audio tab is set like in the picture, audio should send from the computer, through the audio interface, out of its SPDIF, into the Axe SPDIF and into Input 1 block on the grid right? he has SPDIF out working correctly recording the dry signal, but no audio is coming back from the computer into the grid.
image0.jpg

any ideas? interface is an Antelope Audio Studio, and support walked him through setting it up correctly for his Pro Tools session.

other than that, a SPDIF input should just work right?

I'm not sure if it's necessary but I set the Word Clock to SPDIF/AES IN when using SPDIF.
actually we think that solved it! we had to fix the PT output routing, the Audio Interface internal routing, and that seems to be the last missing piece.

thanks!

I'm not sure if it's necessary but I set the Word Clock to SPDIF/AES IN when using SPDIF.

OMG! As if the "stay in place" wasn't bad enough! You just saved me from losing my mind! My recordings sounded like I was playing through a ring modulator! I was up all bloody night trying to figure it out. That "Word Clock" tweak did the trick!

Thank You!!!

Stay safe brother!

Make sure the iFace is up and running before powering up the monitors. You’ll definitely get a wake up call if the Axe doesn’t see clock!

Back
Top Bottom