[Solved] Quick XiTone question

grandinq

Power User
I feel I should know this but I want to make sure in case I blow up something...

I use my XiTone 1x12 active as my personal stage monitor, taking the XLR from output 1 of my XL+. I send the other XLR from output 1 to the band PA mixer. That signal only goes to the mains of the PA.

My singer wants a guitar signal as well. On the back of my XiTone is an XLR out called Link. Can I use that to feed a powered speaker for him?

Thanks!

I feel I should know this but I want to make sure in case I blow up something...

I use my XiTone 1x12 active as my personal stage monitor, taking the XLR from output 1 of my XL+. I send the other XLR from output 1 to the band PA mixer. That signal only goes to the mains of the PA.

My singer wants a guitar signal as well. On the back of my XiTone is an XLR out called Link. Can I use that to feed a powered speaker for him?

Thanks!
That's a question for @MicFarlow... I only have passive cabs, so I can't help.

Yes - this is what I use all the time - mostly I run through my Xitones to the PA when I am also the sound guy. ;)

I do both - I have used the "thru" from my Xitone to go to another powered monitor, and I have used it to go to the board when there isn't a dedicated sound guy and I don't want to deal with two output levels (lazy way).

Works great.

Again, results may vary. I have my output set to sum and only do mono on my AX8 setup. I used to use the output 2 to go to the board (and often did when I needed to send a diff level to board) but a few times I used the xitone output because it was easier than gettin a DI to run from the AX8's 1/4 output 2.

I do both - I have used the "thru" from my Xitone to go to another powered monitor, and I have used it to go to the board when there isn't a dedicated sound guy and I don't want to deal with two output levels (lazy way).

Works great.

Again, results may vary. I have my output set to sum and only do mono on my AX8 setup. I used to use the output 2 to go to the board (and often did when I needed to send a diff level to board) but a few times I used the xitone output because it was easier than gettin a DI to run from the AX8's 1/4 output 2.

Awesome! I just didn’t want to send a signal that would overload a powered speaker. Thanks so much!

This might be a stupid question, but... would it be possible to send the signal from the XLR out of an active Xitone to a passive one? Or would the second have to be powered as well?

Back
Top Bottom