SOLVED: post #6,7 - Not getting sound running 2 amps blocks in series??

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
First off......2 amps in each preset, but I only run 1 at a time(more of a way to have 8 channels than anything else). I run 1 amp block in normal line and the 2nd amp block is below it in parallel. All good, Except when I use drive but with amp block that is below. Issue is the drive is in line and affects the line going straight. So I get a dirty boost and clean boost. Not what I want.

Now I tried putting both in series instead of 1 parallel and it mutes 1 amp block regardless if I turn it off or on? Thoughts to correct this?

Sounds like you aren’t muting the silent amp block correctly. The drive block should only go through the active amp, unless you’ve not got bypass of both amps set to Mute. Can you post a screenshot of the preset?

And I think bypass mode is channel specific, so check it’s muted in all channels.

Last edited:
Post a screenshot? It's kinda hard to imagine exactly what you mean here

Won't tapping off before the drive block for the dry signal work? Or am I misunderstanding what you're describing?

Can you click on the Ideal page of the amp block to show the bypass mode? It should show it by the lower RHS bypass button in your image.

This did it! I did not remember it shows in Ideal part. Thanks!

Glad that fixed it, it’s annoying it doesn’t show bypass mode in the ideal tab, as I’ve fallen foul of this issue a few times, normally in one channel of the amp block.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom