[Solved] Off Value Parameter for Auto Engage Has No Effect

SandyMusicMan

Hi everyone. I just got my Axe-FX III and I am playing around with the auto engage for wahwah. I haven't seen any posts about the problem I seem to be experiencing. It would seem that on my unit, the Off Value parameter for Auto Engage seems to be internally stuck at 50%, regardless of what value is set/displayed for the parameter. No matter what I set the parameter value to be (5%, 50%, 95%) it seems to always use 50% as the threshold for Auto Engage. I can get it to work by dividing the mid and end values by 2 (Mid=25% and End=50%). I have uploaded a video to YouTube to demonstrate:

By the way I upgraded to FW 1.13 last night and my external control source is the Behringer FCB1010, which does have poorly performing expression pedals, but I don't think that is relevant to the issue here.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this actually a glitch in my unit or am I just a little simple?

That's a bypass modifier, which makes any autoengage settings in the block irrelevant. You're seeing the block change state based only on the modifier value being above or below 50%.

Remove the bypass modifier and assign External 1 to the wah "control" parameter only. There you can enable autoengage and it should work as expected.

Back
Top Bottom