[solved] New FC 12 Need HELP

chris alia

Hooked it up, turned it on, been messing with it trying to watching videos on YouTube for the last 2 hours and still can't get any mini displays to work.
Thanks so much for any help in advance:)

Last edited:
Load the default layouts from the FC Controllers Menu on the main unit. By default, no layouts are loaded, so the switches will all be blank/unassigned.

Those idiots on youtube are all in here, for the most part. They are not likely to help when you start off insulting. I understand you are frustrated, and we have all been there. Maybe start off a bit lower. There are a ton of people here who love helping. It is probably something pretty simple. Is the FC lit up? Do you have an XLR cable plugged from the FC to the Af3 FASlink port? Do you have the default layouts set up? Go to the setup menu>FC Controllers>Layouts ... what do you see there?

Those idiots on youtube are all in here, for the most part. They are not likely to help when you start off insulting. I understand you are frustrated, and we have all been there. Maybe start off a bit lower. There are a ton of people here who love helping. It is probably something pretty simple. Is the FC lit up? Do you have an XLR cable plugged from the FC to the Af3 FASlink port? Do you have the default layouts set up? Go to the setup menu>FC Controllers>Layouts ... what do you see there?
..After watching about 2 hours worth of youtube videos with no luck whatsoever, as well as sick since Monday just very frustrated, .. FC is lit up XLR is connected properly. Don't know how to set up default layouts. So I just did what you said and went to layouts. I see a digital version now of the footswitch with the first switch, switch 1 outlined, but all switches are blank, then under that it says functions ..Then next to that it says categories and functions, unassigned

Last edited:
Sorry about that..After watching about 2 hours worth of youtube videos with no luck whatsoever, as well as sick since Monday just very frustrated, .. FC is lit up XLR is connected properly. Don't know how to set up default layouts. So I just did what you said and went to layouts. I see a digital version now of the footswitch with the first switch, switch 1 outlined, then under that it says functions ..Then next to that it says categories and functions, unassigned
on the hardware - not the computer Editor -
press E knob for Setup
highlight FC - the first line - with the Nav up and down buttons
press enter
Page right all the way to the last page - keep pressing it
until you get to Layouts
highlight the FC12 default layout and press Enter
follow any on screen instructions

Sorry about that..After watching about 2 hours worth of youtube videos with no luck whatsoever, as well as sick since Monday just very frustrated, .. FC is lit up XLR is connected properly. Don't know how to set up default layouts. So I just did what you said and went to layouts. I see a digital version now of the footswitch with the first switch, switch 1 outlined, but all switches are blank, then under that it says functions ..Then next to that it says categories and functions, unassigned.. Ps edited out the idiots comment even though not one of them said anything remotely close that would help.

on the hardware - not the computer Editor -
press E knob for Setup
highlight FC - the first line - with the Nav up and down buttons
press enter
Page right all the way to the last page - keep pressing it
until you get to Layouts
highlight the FC12 default layout and press Enter
follow any on screen instructions
I got as far as highlight FC controllers and hit enter, then it says tap any footswitch to view it's settings below, and they are all still

I got as far as highlight FC controllers and hit enter, then it says tap any footswitch to view it's settings below, and they are all still
You didn’t follow my instructions.
You need to Page right all the way from there like I said above.
Please read it again.

You didn’t follow my instructions.
You need to Page right all the way from there like I said above.
Please read it again.
I got it!! OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!! On no, now I have all the different presets showing and trying to navigate through one of them but can't .. Example. Hit the footswitch where it says Petrucci R and it takes me to my preset but can't change sceneso_O All I see in the footswitch are other presets

I got it!! OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!! On no, now I have all the different presets showing and trying to navigate through one of them but can't .. Example. Hit the footswitch where it says Petrucci R and it takes me to my preset but can't change sceneso_O All I see in the footswitch are other presets
Ok, So I got the rocking technique with the footswitch and got the different effects to pop up on the 5th Petrucci preset Leads in the sand, which is actually one of my favorites, but still need to learn how to navigate to different scenes.. Thanks so much, sorry to keep asking questions, as I am totally green to this and not the most tech savvy guy in the world, as I'm sure you already know.. LOL Oh yeah!! I got it!! Never mind just realized all accessible with the foot rocking thing.. Thanks again so much!

Last edited:
I certainly had a bit of a hard time at first with FAS configurations. Don't sweat it. I took mine to a gig the day I got it, and had a great time. I didn't know how to do a lot of things, but I made sure to know how to get a clean sound, dirty rhythm sound, and dirty lead sound. It seems hard at first, but it is really well thought out. The editor does make things a bit easier, but learn the front panel. You won't always have the laptop at gigs.

Back
Top Bottom