[solved] MacBook is not recognizing my FM9

richb

Inspired
I loaded the newest Editor and it will not open. It just "bounces" in my tray. I've had this FM9 for about a month, no problems with it or the Editor.

Checklist:
My FM9 works fine.
Firmware 5.01
USB Ver. 1.02 installed

MacBook V: Monterey 12.7.2
USB input on my MacBook, confirmed it's working
USB Cables working ( I tested two cables)

FM9 Editor Installed
Fractal Bot Installed
(I removed both and reinstalled them)

Yes, I rebooted everything

Still nothing. Any ideas? This is very odd. I've used FAS gear since the Original "Ultra" days, never had an issue.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Check in the editor under the preferences whether green confirmations can be seen at the communication ports. If not, please select FM9 again

I loaded the newest Editor and it will not open. It just "bounces" in my tray. I've had this FM9 for about a month, no problems with it or the Editor.

Checklist:
My FM9 works fine.
Firmware 5.01
USB Ver. 1.02 installed

MacBook V: Monterey 12.7.2
USB input on my MacBook, confirmed it's working
USB Cables working ( I tested two cables)

FM9 Editor Installed
Fractal Bot Installed
(I removed both and reinstalled them)

Yes, I rebooted everything

Still nothing. Any ideas? This is very odd. I've used FAS gear since the Original "Ultra" days, never had an issue.

Thanks for any help

As an experiment, see if launches with the FM9 disconnected. If it does, then that indicates a device communication problem. If not, then it's something else, like a corrupted app.

Is it showing up in your menu bar sound menu or System Preferences > Sound?

View attachment 132046
View attachment 132047

Do you have a DAW open? If so, does the editor work if you quit the DAW app (not just close the window)?

Does the FM9 show up in Fractal Bot?
1. I do see the FM9 in my Sound Menu
2. I do not have a DAW open. (I only have grgeband on my MAC)
3. The Fractal Bot does the same thing. It will not open, it just bounces in the tray.

As an experiment, see if launches with the FM9 disconnected. If it does, then that indicates a device communication problem. If not, then it's something else, like a corrupted app.
It will not launch, when the FM9 is disconnected.

In that case it has nothing to do with usb. Check the system log with the Console app in case there's a clue there, but if redownloading a fresh app doesn't help, you should check with tech support.

So this is new… This suddenly popped up. If I try to move it to trash, it asks for my laptop password, which I wont do. Other applications seems to work fine. Could this disrupt the FM9 Editor or is it coincidental?

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    755.8 KB · Views: 15
All, It looks like this malware (phone below) might have been preventing the latest version of the FM9 Editor from working. In short, after trying all of FAS's troubleshooting suggestions, I took my MacBook in and had it scanned for malware, sure enough, we removed this and viola! Thanks for everyones input and thanks to Mark at FAS for his help. I hope this helps anyone else who comes across the same issue.

Attachments

• Malware Photo.jpeg
    Malware Photo.jpeg
    755.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom