[solved] Loud "POP" when pressing Looper Undo function.

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys. I've never mucked around with the looper much on Axe Fx 2 but i have just recently been mucking around with it for soundscape creation. One thing that I noticed is that when I press UNDO after overdubbing I am getting a loud pop sound.

What's the go with this? Is everyone else getting this? Is it a known issue?

Undo removes the last layer instantly, so audible pops are possible. A quick fade would be ideal but it doesn't do that.

A workaround with a capable enough MIDI controller could be to send a bypass-undo-engage CC sequence with a slight delay between the bypass and undo CCs. This would cause a short dropout.

To avoid the dropout with soundscape things you could engage/bypass a short (50-100 ms probably) 100% wet delay after the looper while undo is performed, instead of bypassing/engaging looper. A slightly longer delay time and switch to briefly engage delay (use arch-shaped bypass modifier w/ damping) would be a way to do this with two switches on more basic controllers. Press the temporary delay switch followed by undo at approximately the right interval and the undo will happen while delay is heard, then bypassed before the undo action would occur in delay signal.

Ok sorry guys. I think I was doing something stupid. I was sending the wrong command with my midi controller. It's working better now. Nothing to see here. :)

Back
Top Bottom