Solved, kinda - Upgrade Ultra amps w/ Tonex pedal

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
I am thinking of upgrading my Ultra's amp sound pallete with a Tonex pedal. I am trying to get my head around how to internally route the fx loop signal in a preset so I can have my Ultra stomp fx before the amp and the verbs n delays post. This is the way most of my presets are configured. Aside taking the amp out to hear the Tonex instead, I'm clueless. Hoping for some help. Thanks! LifeInLondonFx.png

I got the Tonex today. I set the Ultra to use the rear panel inputs. Guitar to Input I, Ultra OUT 2L to Tonex in, Tonex OUT to Ultra IN 2L.
I replaced the Amp in the preset with the fx loop and put a shunt in for the cab. I boosted 9db of gain from the Fx Loop but don't see any signal coming into the Tonex. Tonex doesn't even register a low signal.

Have I set up something wrong here?

Attachments

• Axe Fx I-O.jpg
    Axe Fx I-O.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Axe Fx Preset with Fx Loop.png
    Axe Fx Preset with Fx Loop.png
    417 KB · Views: 2
  • Axe Fx Rear Panel.jpg
    Axe Fx Rear Panel.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Axe Fx Signal.jpg
    Axe Fx Signal.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 2
You dont have many choices with your unit compared to AXE III but maybe this will help - I use tonex in front of the AXE - to use its EQ - Gain - Volume and extra parameter's to some degree mostly EQ - instead of doing it on AXE edit

luv it - you would have to use input 2 physically into your AXE unit and use 2 in grid as you can see in pic below I have a 3 on grid

Also notice it says 3 out then 3 on grid - seems weird makes no sense to me but has to be that to work - saw youtube video - said man that doesn't look right but again doesn't work reversed

This might not be what your trying to do but its great for on the fly changes instead of messing with a mouse as I play I can reach over and change EQ on the fly for different backing tracks on Youtube as you know they are very different quality's

Also the trick on Tonex pedal the bottom switches only the far right one should be engaged - the ones to the left are off - it wont work any other way here

Also See audio settings sum of has to be switched on

I'm far from a wiz at this stuff but its working for what I need it to do - if you want both ecosystems to work together thats way beyond me

Hi rsvette - thanks for jumping in. I got it to work, but it seems a little different than straight into my RCF cabinet. I'm gonna record both ways tomorrow to see if I get a null or not. Again, much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom