[SOLVED] How to use the Megatap: "Types" are just settings, right?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Discovered this block on the FM3 today, but it's a little intimidating and I can't quite figure out what some of the knobs are doing, even after reading the section in the blocks guide. I'll play with it some more, but here's my question: the "Types" are just setting presets, right? The FM3 Megatap block doesn't have any Types so we're more or less on our own - I just wanted to confirm that Types aren't really anything additional beyond what the block's parameters can do, just convenient pre-set parameter tweaks. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks- I was pretty sure I was interpreting that correctly, but the absence of those on the FM3’s Megatap block had me questioning, since I can’t imagine a small settings library to push the unit past it’s capabilities, but I guess maybe even having the “Types” drop-down is too much? I dunno. In any case, that settles it- they’re just presets ☺️

If this are only Presets of the same FX Algo it would be nice to have them either for the FM3!
Agreed. I’m not sure if it’s an oversight, intentional omission, etc., so I’m not sure if we should put in a wish or if it’s on the docket to get added or what.

Thanks- I was pretty sure I was interpreting that correctly, but the absence of those on the FM3’s Megatap block had me questioning
They're in the latest firmware, available now in beta and soon as a release.

They're in the latest firmware, available now in beta and soon as a release.
Weird. I have the beta 4 and there’s nothing but a blank space between Library and Channel (in FM3 Edit; the one advised to download for beta 4) and only a config & mix tab on the FM3 itself.

I think he's referencing the latest beta already...
Correct. Nothing there. Others have said the same.

I guess I’ll try redownloading and reloading the FW if you both are seeing it.

Weird. I have the beta 4 and there’s nothing but a blank space between Library and Channel (in FM3 Edit; the one advised to download for beta 4) and only a config & mix tab on the FM3 itself.

Correct. Nothing there. Others have said the same.

I guess I’ll try redownloading and reloading the FW if you both are seeing it.
Did you 'Refresh After New Firmware' or 'Refresh Block Definitions'?

Sometimes when moving from one Beta to another Beta, the editor won't recognize it as a new firmware and not automatically refresh.

Sometimes when moving from one Beta to another Beta, the editor won't recognize it as a new firmware and not automatically refresh.
He's also seeing it on front panel...

You’re seeing it on the machine? Dang. I got a bum download I guess 😔

Just so we’re clear- it’s NOT on the FM3; I’m sure it’s on the Axe III, but I’m talking about the FM3. Just realized this is in the Axe III sub, so needed to clarify lol.

I haven't updated to any of the beta releases. Was just wondering if you did the refresh?
I did, but it wouldn’t matter since they’re not on the front panel either. Literally no one that I’ve spoken with has the types in the Megatap block. It’s either a feature or a bug at this point, not user error 😂

Discovered this block on the FM3 today, but it's a little intimidating and I can't quite figure out what some of the knobs are doing, even after reading the section in the blocks guide. I'll play with it some more, but here's my question: the "Types" are just setting presets, right? The FM3 Megatap block doesn't have any Types so we're more or less on our own - I just wanted to confirm that Types aren't really anything additional beyond what the block's parameters can do, just convenient pre-set parameter tweaks. Thanks!
The release notes only mention Flanger, Plex Delay, and Multitap Delay blocks, not Megatap.

Back
Top Bottom