[solved] FC12 external Switch - only bypass

Boris

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to assign to an external switch only an effect (OUT 2) bypass action.

For clarification:

I have an external switch connected to my FC12. This switch should always bypass (always deactivate, no activate and deactivate action!) OUT2.
I am trying to modify Cooper Carters video () to my needs.

External switch = Mute FOH (OUT2 block)
Press any other switch on the FC12 = back to normal

I would appreciate any help, thank you!

Cheers

Boris

FYI: Found an workaround.

The switch changes the channel (Effect - Chan Select).

Channel A: 0 dB
Channel B: -80 dB

Reactions: Rex
Why not just bypass the OUT block like in Cooper's video? If you want to use an external switch, just set it up as a stand-in switch for the Mute switch in your layout.
Actually I (hopefully) tried this. The problem with this solution is, when you mute Output2 via the stand-in switch (the FC-12 layout has switched, like in the video) and press the stand-in switch again, it will unmute Output2 but the FC-12 controller will stay in the muted layout.

If I am wrong and you have a solution for this, I would be very thankful!

Use a switch in the Muted layout to take you back instead of the stand-in switch.
Yeah, you are right, that works flawlessly.
....but, as always... you press accidentally the stand-in switch twice and you got problems.

It's just a precaution.. I like it to be dummy proof 😉

You could put a layout select switch in the Muted layout to take you back to your regular layout as a safeguard. Always wise to consider the "oops" moments, because they will happen eventually.

MLM switch combo will also let you switch layouts in a pinch if you have it enabled.

Last edited:
You could put a layout select switch in the Muted layout to take you back to your regular layout as a safeguard. Always wise to consider the "oops" moments, because they will happen eventually.

MLM switch combo will also let you switch layouts in a pinch if you have it enabled.
Hi Mr_fender,

thank you for your input and suggestions! I appreciate it!
I guess my workaround is the least error-prone solution for me.

Cheers

Boris

Back
Top Bottom