[solved] FC-12 is completely locked up

Mutha Goose

Inspired
I have ver 1.09 loaded. System FW is 11.01

My FC controller just stopped working. The display is lit, but it does not appear to be communicating with the system (the main display gets to, "FC-12, 1.09" with "---" in each scribble strip, but doesn't get past that). This has happened before, but only when I was doing a lot of preset edits (going back to FW 10.0), so I always assumed I was hitting some weird SW bug. I would shut down and unplug the system (sometimes requiring me to wait a minute or so) before the controller would start working again. Just resetting the FC wouldn't work. And I've swapped out known good cords with no luck. The only recovery seemed to be to wait for a couple of minutes and re-boot.

But this morning, I turned on the system, the FC booted properly. About 5 minutes later I went to play and the controller was locked. I re-booted. I re-booted and waited. I updated my FW from 11.00 to 11.01. I swapped out cables (a few times just to be ultra sure). It will not boot. What else can I try?

The hard part is "known good cables"... Because how do you know they are good?

The FCs don't send audio so they use the wires in the cable differently than a microphone would.

There have been several people I've seen here with FC issues using XLR cables that worked fine with mics. One guy used 5-6 new cables and none of them worked. I think he tried a different brand to solve his issue.

I would suggest contacting support.

The hard part is "known good cables"... Because how do you know they are good?

The FCs don't send audio so they use the wires in the cable differently than a microphone would.

There have been several people I've seen here with FC issues using XLR cables that worked fine with mics. One guy used 5-6 new cables and none of them worked. I think he tried a different brand to solve his issue.

I would suggest contacting support.
I am a soundman, so I have 100s of cables. So based on this response, I have tried with FAR more than 5 cables of many different brands, lengths and type (mic and DMX). It's not the cable :-(

I also tried to reload the FC FW with no luck (though it did go into safe-mode)

Thanks for the suggestion. And thankfully I don't have a gig tonight

One of the ribbon cables in the AXE-FXIII wasn't fully seated. It's all fixed now (just in case anyone else runs into this)
Any chance you remember which ribbon cable it was? I have two fc-6's doing the same thing and I've tried a dozen xlrs cables of differing lengths

Any chance you remember which ribbon cable it was? I have two fc-6's doing the same thing and I've tried a dozen xlrs cables of differing lengths
There is only one cable in regards to the FASlink port. Take of the lid and you will see it right away.

Back
Top Bottom