[solved] External momentary switch logic question

blaggers

Power User
Im struggling to understand the external momentary switch logic. I have a normally open (ie push to close) switch attached. When I look in the Modifier window I see when the button IS NOT pushed (ie open) the modifier is showing as at its max range! why is this? When I push the switch it is at its minimum. I dont understand what logic its using to set these (is it max ohms reading as its at infinity (open)). I can go into settings and tell it its a normally closed switch to flip the logic over, but it seems unusual to have to set the settings to the opposite of the switch type to get it to work properly. Have I missed something?

Switch not engaged.
1701107038434.png

Switch engaged
1701107061210.png

Attachments

• 1701106881693.png
    1701106881693.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
is it max ohms reading as its at infinity (open)
Yeah, I think so... Can't get more maximum than infinity ;)

I don't think I ever saw this because I use my external switches as stand-in switches, which is more flexible/powerful in my opinion.

Yeah, I think so... Can't get more maximum than infinity ;)

I don't think I ever saw this because I use my external switches as stand-in switches, which is more flexible/powerful in my opinion.

Thats the frustrating bit, they work as expected for SISs. I now want to create one of them as a delay “hold” by ramping up the repeats and mix, and I think I’ll have to switch polarity. Need to check what happens if the switch isn’t plugged in as I don’t want it going to full delay if I don’t have switch plugged in.

There is a setting in the switch config that selects between Normally Open and Normally Closed. Poke around there until the dot is at minimum when not pressed and max when pressed....

A modifier on a bypass parameter defaults with MIN set to Engaged and MAX set to Bypassed. This has always seemed backwards since I'm used to the typical MIDI values of zero for off and 127 for on, etc. If you swap the MIN and MAX values it will also change the polarity.

Back
Top Bottom