[solved] Delay times different even with same settings

BrickGlass

Inspired
I've got a weird delay time issue. I'm using the 2290 w/Mod and if I set it to 1/4 the ms is 500. Works this way on dozens of my presets. I have one preset where if I set it to 1/4 it is 732 ms. I cannot get it to go to 500 ms. Even if I copy the delay block from another preset it won't work. As soon as I put it in this one particular preset it just automatically goes to 732 ms. Any thoughts?

I have one preset where if I set it to 1/4 it is 732 ms.
because setting it to 1/4 means it listens to the Tap Tempo.

Delay values are in milliseconds (ms). normally we just set exactly what we want.

for convenience, we can also set a TEMPO value to a note subdivision like 1/4 note, dotted 1/8 etc. this sets the millisecond time for us, based on the Tap Tempo.

if you set a Note value in Tempo, it is setting the Time (ms) for you. if you want it to be a particular Time (ms), set the Tempo value in the delay block to None.

because setting it to 1/4 means it listens to the Tap Tempo.

Delay values are in milliseconds (ms). normally we just set exactly what we want.

for convenience, we can also set a TEMPO value to a note subdivision like 1/4 note, dotted 1/8 etc. this sets the millisecond time for us, based on the Tap Tempo.

if you set a Note value in Tempo, it is setting the Time (ms) for you. if you want it to be a particular Time (ms), set the Tempo value in the delay block to None.

But the Tempo isn't just set via "Tap Tempo", you can set it manually to in the Tempo section. I'll use the note divisions all the time and set my Tempo manually in the Tempo section. It's so much easier to do if you already know the tempo of the song. In the OP's case, all he has to do is make sure the tempo for this one particular preset matches the others. I'm guessing the others are probably at the default 120 and this one isn't. Easy fix, and you don't need to mess with the Tap Tempo to do it.

But the Tempo isn't just set via "Tap Tempo", you can set it manually to in the Tempo section. I'll use the note divisions all the time and set my Tempo manually in the Tempo section. It's so much easier to do if you already know the tempo of the song. In the OP's case, all he has to do is make sure the tempo for this one particular preset matches the others. I'm guessing the others are probably at the default 120 and this one isn't. Easy fix, and you don't need to mess with the Tap Tempo to do it.
since the parameter in the Delay block is also called "Tempo," i used the term "Tap Tempo" to differentiate between the two. explaining things clearly is a challenge at times.

since the parameter in the Delay block is also called "Tempo," i used the term "Tap Tempo" to differentiate between the two. explaining things clearly is a challenge at times.

I understand completely. That labelling has always seemed odd to me. I've always thought that the parameter in the Delay Block should be labeled "Note" and not "Tempo". It might make more sense, and would be easier to explain to someone that a note value is related to the tempo. It could be followed up with the ways to set the tempo, tap or manually.

Thanks guys. It was the tap tempo being different across various presets. Could not for the life of me figure it out. Makes perfect sense now. Had the same issue with a rotary block once and I just gave up trying to figure it out. Now that's fixed too.

Reactions: Fro
Back
Top Bottom