[solved] Changing scenes in a preset shouldn't engage edited preset light

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
I find it a bit unnerving at timeswhen I'm simply testing scene changes in a preset for accuracy of volume, tone, gap, etc., and look up to see the preset edited light on. Sometimes I question whther I changed something or not.

What is the rationale to have scrolling through scenes considered to have made an edit? To me, it's not an edit to simply move off the scene chosen to load when loading a preset. Hoping for a change in this behavior.

In the same realm, clicking on a block and making no edits to it shouldn't engage the edited light. Again, because nothing was edited.

I realize I can just save it again, or trust that I didn't alter anything and move to another preset without stopping to save. Enquiring minds and things that make me say 'wait, what just happened'? .02 Thanks

Last edited:
There is a recent option to have scenes not affect the edited light.

It happens because the starting scene when loading up a preset is something that is saved and when you change scenes, it’s an edit.

But now we can turn that off.

Thanks much for this, Chris. 3 months into Axe iii from Ultra, I still have much to learn about. I appreciate all the folks around here willing to help.

Is there a place these kinds of changes get posted I'm unaware of? I didn't see this searching the Wiki. But wording always affects results.

Thank you both very much. Since I posted my original thanks to Chris, I searched non stop find out where this function is in the Wiki and on the net. I couldn't find a wording to get this info. I really don't like asking about things that are likely out there, but sometimes I spend more time trying to word things for correct info than I do actually making things better. My wish granted before I realized I wanted it - awesomeness! The joy and pain of search... lol

Last edited:
Thank you both very much. Since I posted my original thanks to Chris, I searched non stop find out where this function is in the Wiki and on the net. I couldn't find a wording to get this info. I really don't like asking about things that are likely out there, but sometimes I spend more time trying to word things for correct info than I do actually making things better. My wish granted before I realized I wanted it - awesomeness! The joy and pain of search... lol
Try searching the manual(s)... The Wiki is an additional source of information.

Also, this is a hardware "issue" not an editor issue.

The word "edited" appears 9 times here:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

Almost all of them are for the referenced setting or another setting that could similarly cause it.

Back
Top Bottom