[Solved] Can't connect to FM3 after update

Lance Holland

Inspired
I've been updating during the beta process with no issues. I wanted to install the official release but FM3-Edit is no longer connecting to the FM3
FM3-Edit is version 1.05.12
FM3 - 6 Beta 6.
Mac OSX Ventura 13.0.1

I've tried restarts of the computer and FM3. I've plugged the FM3 directly into the USB port rather than using my usual hub.

Ideas?

I tried a quick search and didn’t find a solution that worked for me in the past. Part of it was connecting to Fractal Bot in a specific order.
I did find this:
“I have the same issue a couple of times. In my case, Fractal-bot connects but FM3-Edit doesn't. To fix the issue...

1. Open FM3-Edit
2. Navigate to "Settings->Preferences..."
3. Under the "General" category, open the "In/Out" drop-down box and select "Fractal Audio Systems FM3"

Hope this helps...
Stef”

I would assume that option is available even if the unit doesn’t connect.

@Presence7682 - if you were here, I'd give you a hug. Actually, that was part of the answer (or I think it was). I also put the FM3 into emergency mode (Hold the Page Left and Page Right buttons while powering on). When I restarted FM3 Edit, the setting appeared in the General Settings.

WHEW!!!

I tried a quick search and didn’t find a solution that worked for me in the past. Part of it was connecting to Fractal Bot in a specific order.
I did find this:
“I have the same issue a couple of times. In my case, Fractal-bot connects but FM3-Edit doesn't. To fix the issue...

1. Open FM3-Edit
3. Under the "General" category, open the "In/Out" drop-down box and select "Fractal Audio Systems FM3"

Hope this helps...
Stef”

that worked for me too. i don't understand why the In/Out changed but it did and this fixed my connection issue
John

I did find this:

1. Open FM3-Edit

Hope this helps...
Stef”

Awesome Photo with guthrie govan 👍

Awesome Photo with guthrie govan 👍
Thanks!
It was the 2nd (and last so far) time I saw Aristocrats. The first time Guthrie had a bump on his head and said no photos, so he autographed my shirt. The second time I said “you probably don’t remember, but last time you came you said no photos due to a bump - could I please get a photo this time?”

Back
Top Bottom