[Solved] Amp/cab block not working

Noa

So I just purchased the AX8 and this is my second day using it so admittedly I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Feel free to be annoyed at me if this is just stupidity on my part.

I'm using the AX8-edit software. When an amp or cab is connected to another block on either side it automatically bypasses and does not allow me to engage it. All other blocks work, it's only amps and cabs giving me problems. When the amp/cab block is connected to only one block, then it allows me to engage it, however of course then the signal doesn't get through so it's useless. I'd like to use my new rig live tomorrow so if someone knows what the problem is please help asap. Thanks

PS
It's not a CPU limit problem, there's no red exclamation mark on the block, it simply does not allow me to engage it.

Can you show a picture of what it looks like when it doesn’t work? I’ve never heard of this.

Looks like a completely normal bypassed block. When I manually engage it, it either automatically bypasses the block or will stay engaged until I play, then it'll immediately bypass again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks man
hmm, so i can double click on the Amp and Cab block and make them Engaged. i'm not running audio right now, but they engage like normal.

here is your preset with EDIT added to the name. i saved it with the Amp and Cab block engaged. download, then drag and drop this over the Preset Title area in AX8-Edit.

again, i’ve never seen what you’re describing since day 1 of the AX8, so i’m not sure exactly what’s going on. can you go to a different preset slot and try making a new preset? does it still happen there? what about editing factory presets?

Attachments

• Church Lead EDIT.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
hmm, so i can double click on the Amp and Cab block and make them Engaged. i'm not running audio right now, but they engage like normal.

here is your preset with EDIT added to the name. i saved it with the Amp and Cab block engaged. download, then drag and drop this over the Preset Title area in AX8-Edit.

again, i’ve never seen what you’re describing since day 1 of the AX8, so i’m not sure exactly what’s going on. can you go to a different preset slot and try making a new preset? does it still happen there? what about editing factory presets?

Thanks for your help man I appreciate it. The problem exists across all presets, custom, factory, doesn't matter. I'm thinking the issue is with my unit rather than the software

Sorry to hear that. Contact support.fractalaudio.com and link this thread in a new ticket. I hope it’s something simple.

What if you try to create a preset on the unit itself? The Enter key quickly connects blocks if you keep pressing it in the Layout screen. Use A to choose blocks, D and E to move around. Disconnect completely from USB.

Reactions: Noa
I don't know what is happening. I've disconnected from USB, I've unplugged midi ports that I previously had in, and now I can engage the amp from the unit. However now when I turn the amp on its just this horrible overly distorted mess. Everything was fine yesterday, I don't know what the hell is wrong

You had additional MIDI plugged in?
I don't know what is happening. I've disconnected from USB, I've unplugged midi ports that I previously had in, and now I can engage the amp from the unit. However now when I turn the amp on its just this horrible overly distorted mess. Everything was fine yesterday, I don't know what the hell is wrong

Was the MIDI an issue?
Probably. Plug it back in and see if it screws up again.

It sounds like something was sending MIDI commands to Bypass your amp block.

Last edited:
I did.. Everything seems to be working relatively fine now and I'm not sure why.. Was the MIDI an issue?
Yup I wish you mentioned that earlier ;)

Since it didn’t happen to me, it is definitely MIDI messages forcing the Bypass of those blocks, probably more.

Yup I wish you mentioned that earlier ;)

Since it didn’t happen to me, it is definitely MIDI messages forcing the Bypass of those blocks, probably more.

Yeah I'm dumb. It's working completely fine now and I used it in church service this morning, sounded great. Thanks for the help, sorry for my incompetence lol

Yeah I'm dumb. It's working completely fine now and I used it in church service this morning, sounded great. Thanks for the help, sorry for my incompetence lol
No problem. It happens and we learn!

Back
Top Bottom