Solo Boost with a single latching footswitch with 1/4" jack

cyber104

Hi All:

New to this forum and new to the Axe also so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. Yes, I have read the manual and I've tried to find posts on this particular issue to no avail.

My question is: Is it possible to use a basic latching footswitch with a 1/4" jack to trigger a solo boost? If so which jack in the back of the unit should I use?

If someone would like to provide detailed instructions that would be great - but if that's too much trouble maybe someone could just point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

Sorry - forgot to mention in my previous post that I am able to create a filter to get the volume boost - I'm just not sure how to trigger it externally from a non-MIDI footswitch.

Thanks again

havent checked it out but just trowe it into expression 1 on the filtre blok select that modifier. can´t test here as i only have a momentary switch
and then see what happens.

Step 1.
In the global menu choose one of the external controllers and define one of the pedal inputs as it's source.
Step 2.
In the preset in that filter block go to the bypass parameter and right-click on it (editor/ editing it on the hardware you'd need to hit enter), select the external controller from step 1 as source.

OK - I'm still struggling (as usual) - I have configured the footswitch as "latching" in the I/O configuration menu for expression 1. I did not do the "configuration" step since the manual said it was not necessary.

I have added a filter block and I'll be darned if I can figure out how to assign it's behaviour to Expression 1

Thoughts? (other than I'm dumb please)

Thanks

Thing is, there are different ways.

The way I that I showed you is the one with a physical latching switch and that way keeps switch and system in sync, though it seems a bit complicated at first.

If you want to use a non latching physical switch or you don't care about system and switch staying in sync it's way easier: There is a list of all the effects in the global menu and you go there, say it's filter 1, and just enter Pedal 1 as source and it's done. I'd recommand that for non latching switches.
But you can also assign it with a latching one and sometimes switch double to make it switch, yes, though that's not a sound and solid way in a rehearse or on stage.

Thank you again!

Unfortunately I don't have Pedal 1 available as a source for Filter 1.

I'm thinking the Axe is not "recognizing" my switch (although it changes channels just fine when I use it for external switching on my Single Rectifier so I know it's latching). I sent an email to Tech Support and they asked if the bars in the expression calibration did anything (yes I set to "latching" in the I/O pedal setup menu for Pedal 1) when I toggled the switch in the calibration mode. The answer is no - the bars don't move at all. But I thought it odd that they asked that question because the manual states "Calibration is not required." for latching switches.

I'm stumped at the moment - I though I could get this no problem - but after 4 hours it still hasn't happened LOL

However I really appreciate you guys trying to help!

Back
Top Bottom