Solid State amps, are they going to be here someday?

Solid State amps, are they going to be here someday?, currently the only software solution for this is Nembrini with their SS amps but they are not customisable as the fractal amps. So, are they coming one day or we should just buy the amp we are looking for and just stop waiting for fractal to release their counterpart?

I bought a AXE FX III Turbo some days before and I'm really missing the Lab Series L5 for a B.B. King sound and the Marshall Guv'nor Drive. For both Aion Electronics provides the schematics for the preamp: aionfx.com/project/l5-preamp/ and drive: aionfx.com/project/equinox-amp-overdrive/
Shouldn't be a big deal for Cliff. Thank you!

Solid State amps, are they going to be here someday?, currently the only software solution for this is Nembrini with their SS amps but they are not customisable as the fractal amps. So, are they coming one day or we should just buy the amp we are looking for and just stop waiting for fractal to release their counterpart?
I don't want an amp.

Listening to the reasoning that the axe can do any of these sounds already. Turn off the sag. Ok. Let’s ditch 250 of the current models since we could surely get those tones with the remaining 50 models.

There’s too many drives too.

Last edited:
We are fully digital here but we like the scent of glowing tubes. ;) We can surely manipulate some of the available amp models to make it sound like a solid state but adding a few Randall models would be like making several thousands of customers really happy and thankful.

i go AxeFx III direct into mixer and out to a pair of QSC K10's.... more than satisfying to my ears but YMMV of course... :p

The Axe Fx is a digital amp Gumby and can be twisted into sounding like practically anything.

Maybe we should have a contest to see who can come up with the "Worst Sounding Amp Tone" just for yuks.

Enjoy the good weather. :cool:
LINE 6 METAL RED AHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I too vote for a worst tone competition.

Projecting your own taste on others and mocking the big part of the customer base that would like to see some amps that many consider legendary and that are used by notable guitar players won't bring us anywhere and it isn't fair from your side. No interest? Skip the thread. Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom